Psycho Side Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moridin

Reaction score
I remember seeing people in the past talking about their side mirrors clicking and moving around on start up.

It happened to me a few times, but seems like lately it's happening more and more. Really annoying and seems like it can't be good for the mirror motors.

Anybody ever come up with what causes it and/or the fix?

Alysium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine just points slightly off from where i program it. It keeps doing it and its isolated to the driver side only.

OP
OP
Moridin

Moridin

Reaction score
Well, it's progressed to both of my mirrors and like 30% of the time they'll get stuck in a repeated clicking pattern. Only way to get it to stop is to select that mirror and move it with the buttons. Otherwise it'll just keep doing it.

Very strange.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's progressed to both of my mirrors and like 30% of the time they'll get stuck in a repeated clicking pattern. Only way to get it to stop is to select that mirror and move it with the buttons. Otherwise it'll just keep doing it.

Very strange.
Have you tried setting the driver memory again? The 1-2 buttons on the door? Maybe it just got confused.

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue. Reset the memory settings for the seat/mirrors and it resolved the problem.

I have a vague recollection someone else had the dealer reset the BCM when they were in for service and that fixed it for them.

I believe you can do that yourself via Forescan, or disconnecting the battery for 15 min or so. But, don’t quote me on that because I don’t use forescan. (Maybe @FordTechOne can chime in on a safe way to reset the BCM.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen mine do it a few times, and it only does it after my wife has driven it and adjusted them manually. If I hit the #1 button they adjust back to where I need them and stop the run away clicking. Not sure why, but it does sound like it's going to break something.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An SSM was released for this issue. The service message states to update the software in the Driver Door Module (DDM) and Passenger Door Module (PDM). I updated mine last year and it resolved the issue. For anyone that has access to IDS, you can do it yourself.