Prospective Gen 2 - Gen 3 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smaz762

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum, but I've been a long-term Raptor admirer. I'm based out of San Diego, and first knew I wanted a Raptor when I saw a group of them thrashing through Ocotillo Wells.

I'm still trying to decide if Gen 3 is worth the price bump, compared to a low-mid mileage Gen 2. Also only considering 2019-2020 for Gen 2 as I've heard there's more issues for the first couple model years.

In the meantime, I'll be sitting back looking for a good deal (Leadfoot or Velocity blue!!!) Nice meeting you all!

raptor150

Reaction score
I just went from a gen 2 to my newly acquired avalanche grey gen 3. What a difference. The gen 3 is superior in every way in my opinion, and rides like a luxury vehicle on the road. I can't wait to get it in the desert soon. Pull the trigger on a gen 3 and don't look back!

Rptrrob702

Reaction score
Each generation is worth the price bump. Figure out a price point that works well for your budget, stick to it. Gen 2 to Gen 3 the big difference is 5 link in the rear vs leaf sprung on the gen 2. Also massive interior upgrade. It takes a bit of upgrading to get the gen 2 to ride like a stock gen 3 off-road. Gen 2 is still a very capable truck, but the gen 3 is amazing out of the box.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A descent looking LF Gen3 is for sale here on this forum. Price is set at $68k.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, if you can find a clean Gen 3, do it. Since they've been out for a bit now, you can get them for a good deal.

When I bought my GEN 2 back in 2019 with 15k on the dial, I got it for $62k out the door tax tag title tickle..

If you can find a Gen 3 with the same criteria for roughly 65-70, you're in good shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter