Pro Eagle Jack Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm going to be getting a jack for my bed since I go on long dessert trips and last time my buddy got a flat and had to use a bottle jack. That was one of the funniest experiences to watch him try to get that wheel off the ground as the bottle jack sunk into the sand. From what i've been reading it seems like Pro Eagle is the way to go and the big wheel's jacks seem like a great option. My question to any of you that have them did you get the 2 or 3 ton? 3 ton seems a bit excessive but not sure. And any suggestions on who has them priced the cheapest would be great! Looking to get one before my next trip in august.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Eagle makes a top notch jack and it's great for all terrains. Considering the 3 ton is only $50 more, that's what I would recommend/carry. Eagle also makes bed holder/racks for them.

Kahuna

THE MORE YOU PLAY WITH IT, THE BIGGER IT GETS
Reaction score
Floor jacks are huge and heavy. The base also needs to roll as it goes up which is difficult on dirt. I honestly have no idea why they are so popular off road.

Easier to look for a decent base for a bottle jack or even better, look at one of the HPA jacks.

The truck needs to go up.... not sort of up on a rainbow arc trajectory.

http://www.hpasystems.com/accessories.html

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 2 ton - its a bit smaller/lighter and will lift one side of the truck up in the air without issue. 5600lbs / 2 = 2800lbs. Jack can hold 4000lbs so not sure why someone would say a 3 ton is needed.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because I've never been sorry for buying the best? Especially for the small additional cost, as well as knowing I can lift a larger truck if needed.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I bent a 2 ton so upgraded to a 3 ton big wheel a while ago. I havent had any issues whatsoever with the 3 ton.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
HPA systems High pressure cylinder and Air jack is great!!

My 2 ton Pro Eagle is nice but after one use in my driveway it sprung a leak. They did replace it under warranty free of charge. The second one would not lift the truck or even my lawn mower so another one was sent and so far it has worked well but only used about 6 times since and not on the trail yet. Now all this boxing and shipping was a pain but at no cost to me. They are a good company and I believe my experiences are very uncommon. I have not seen any real complains about them. I do think the 3ton is better for out trucks but its also bigger and heavier.

I have both the Pro Eagle and HPA but now am moving to carry only the HPA system on runs. I have their large Aux Air 66 and their Aux Air 46 cylinders, the Jack and a bunch of their accessories. I am friends with the founder/owner/engineer of HPA so I have become a little biased and a bit of a fan boy.

Good luck and my best advise it to get a nice solid piece of wood to put under what every you use to spread the weight out so it will not sink in to sand and soft ground.