Pre-collison sensor disable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Um, no. I pushed mine once, nine months ago. It's still off.
Yep, I found this out the embarrassing way. Dog stood on the button and I then wondered why the system wasn't working. After a couple of weeks where it didnt' work I took it to the Dealer who then told me about the button on the consul. Felt really stupid.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
won’t you have a problem if it is disabled and have an accident? your insurance is based on the safety feature functioning

tooloud10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
won’t you have a problem if it is disabled and have an accident? your insurance is based on the safety feature functioning

I would sure think that an insurance company would have plenty to say if they gave someone a discount based on the presence of a specific and permanent safety device, and then the insured driver got into an accident after going out of their way to disable it.

Also, am I crazy or are there two completely different sensors being discussed here? My understanding is that the pre-collision and adaptive cruise function use a sensor behind the front bumper, while the lane-keeping, auto high beam, and auto wipers are controlled by a camera by the inside rear view mirror.