powder coated factory wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called and emailed this shop a few months ago about a set of wheels for my landcruiser and never heard back from them. It looks like they do good work.

Question for you .. what are you planning to do about the lug nuts? The stock ones are chrome and prob would look silly with these wheels.

Funny you mention that --- I was scratching my head over this last night when I was looking at the wheels. My first thought was to find black lugs (since my custom center cap is black/blue) but of course there aren't any for our stock wheels. I think what I will do is lightly scuff the lugs and paint them with touch-up.....no biggie to fix once put on. I'm going to test out the colors today -- the wheels look almost like my Sterling Gray GT500 that I had, and I have plenty of touch up of for that. Thoughts??

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Call the shop and have them powdercoat the lug nuts also.

Where are you exactly in NOVA? if you don't mind, I would like to drop by and check out the wheels.

Funny you mention that --- I was scratching my head over this last night when I was looking at the wheels. My first thought was to find black lugs (since my custom center cap is black/blue) but of course there aren't any for our stock wheels. I think what I will do is lightly scuff the lugs and paint them with touch-up.....no biggie to fix once put on. I'm going to test out the colors today -- the wheels look almost like my Sterling Gray GT500 that I had, and I have plenty of touch up of for that. Thoughts??

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call the shop and have them powdercoat the lug nuts also.

Where are you exactly in NOVA? if you don't mind, I would like to drop by and check out the wheels.

Most places don't powdercoat the lugs....knowing that it will come off pretty easily ( I asked them about that when I had my Shelby) unless people have plastic sleeves for their sockets. And more importantly it changes the size of the lug due to the required amount of powder needed to adhere. I just checked with my touch up - Sterling Gray is a PERFECT match to the wheels. I did this when I had my powdercoated wheels on my 4runner and it turned out perfect.

I live over in Gainesville........

Last edited:

leanofpeak

Reaction score
what color powder coat did you use for your rims.

RAL number or maybe it is from prismatic powder?

they look great.

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color is called "Autumn Black" - its a very dark satin metallic gray. I prepped and painted a set of lugs Sterling Gray, and they match perfectly. Having wheels & exhaust installed Friday morning 8am after I get off work-- emblems already on. Will post pics when all is done