powder coated factory wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Those look really good. I'm going to head over there and check them out. How long did it take them to coat the rims? Did they dismount the tires for you as well?

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Those look really good. I'm going to head over there and check them out. How long did it take them to coat the rims? Did they dismount the tires for you as well?

Turnaround depends on how busy and/or backed up they are. I dropped off all the parts (emblems and exhaust too) in September and told them I did not need them anytime soon. These were new wheels.........dont have my truck yet.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
He is still waiting on his Raptor but purchased a use set just for powder coating.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turnaround depends on how busy and/or backed up they are. I dropped off all the parts (emblems and exhaust too) in September and told them I did not need them anytime soon. These were new wheels.........dont have my truck yet.

Any idea on how long that paint will hold up? Don't want to do that to my wheels if it won't last long.

OP
OP
ofcbarbrady

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on how long that paint will hold up? Don't want to do that to my wheels if it won't last long.

Paint on the emblems??...or the powder-coat on the wheels/exhaust tips?? If you're talking about the powder-coat, it is much stronger/more durable than paint. I had 2 vehicles previously with pc and never had any issues.

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score

gotcha....Thanks

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not traditional paint. Powder Coating is paint in powder form and is sprayed on the wheels and then bake it an oven. The powder adhere/bonds to the metal. Very VERY durable.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called and emailed this shop a few months ago about a set of wheels for my landcruiser and never heard back from them. It looks like they do good work.

Question for you .. what are you planning to do about the lug nuts? The stock ones are chrome and prob would look silly with these wheels.

Figure Finishing.........125/wheel

Figure Finishing

Still thinking about mounting the wheels after winter, though