Potential New Owner Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

csixer66

Reaction score
Hello. Been a 3/4 ton 1 ton Diesel owner for close to 20 years. I am currently a Ram 3500 owner amd drive a 20 Superduty for work everyday.

Im thinking of jumping to a Raptor as Im tired of Dailying a HD truck. I have a full Thuren suspension with King 2.5 shocks on my 3500 single wheel now and still rides like a brick wagon. My stock F250 for work rides the same if not better.

Guess Im a little worried as reading the forums and all the issues the Raptor has as every vehicle does. Im mainly wanting to go to a lighter easier to daily truck. But mainly RIDE! So im reading saying they ride like Cadillacs and some saying rhe ride is overhyped and ride like a standard truck. I guess coming from a leave sprung 1 ton. It ahould be far better but just trying to get some imput.

My years of owning HD's have been tough and reliable trucks. I know Forums can be scary cause you see nothing but the negative mostly. I see alot of posts on Raptor shock failuers annd electronics and jist seeing if this is the smart move.

Anyone have a tone of use and miles with no issues? I really want to get into a comfortable riding truck and if Im going 1/2 ton it will.be a Raptor.

Id appreciate anyones insite. Dealers are not willing to let your test drive one unless you are commited to buy or they will will hound you to death. So Ive never driven or ridden in a Raptor to know if it is what I want. Thats what sucks.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had several 3/4 tons. Coming from HD any Raptor is going to feel like you're riding on a cloud. I've had 6 Raptors now, the only one I had any issues with was my 2022 with bad shocks, which were replaced. Other than that I've not had any issues.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They ride better than just about any other pickup truck. Much better than any SD/HD pickup.

It does not ride as smooth as a Cadillac.

The Gen3 do not have major problems. Overall, very reliable.

Sounds like you would love one. Test drive one if you can.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had just about every brand of truck, 1500’s, HD’s, TRX, Raptors…I always come back to the Raptor because the ride is just sooo good.

OP
OP
C

csixer66

Reaction score
So I finally test drove one today. The ride to me was no better than any F150. I saw the tires were at 49. Does dropping 10psi out of the tires make that big of a difference. We went over numbers. Got all the
fluff Add on charges removed and decent put the door price with trade.

Love the adaptive cruise and bed cam, roof, and heads up display. Was not impress with the ride though. Didnt want to have them deflate tires to drive again. Maybe I should.

pirates1456

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I finally test drove one today. The ride to me was no better than any F150. I saw the tires were at 49. Does dropping 10psi out of the tires make that big of a difference. We went over numbers. Got all the

Love the adaptive cruise and bed cam, roof, and heads up display. Was not impress with the ride though. Didnt want to have them deflate tires to drive again. Maybe I should.
I don't think this life is for you. Stick to a lariat. You'll be much happier

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't buy it, someone that can actually tell the ride difference between an XL and Raptor will appreciate it more. I don't care if tire pressure is 60 PSI, there's no comparing a normal F-150 to Gen 3 Raptor ride quality, you clearly didn't even notice the rear end is an entirely different configuration of leaf springs vs coil overs.