PorterW1111's "Burro" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Things I’ve run into so far, the upper link mounts on the ID Designs axle are smaller than the rod end I have so drew up new mounts and sent to laser.

Will have to rebuild shock towers and move bypass location up 6” to fit the 4.5 kings.

working on finding brake caliper adapters that will work with the combo of parts I have.

And designing some spare tire mounting hubs that will bolt into the existing tire cage over the fuel cell. IMG_4844.jpegIMG_4838.jpegIMG_4782.jpegIMG_4878.jpegIMG_4879.jpeg

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Jamar. Talking through some brake stuff. Learned today that for manual brakes you’ll need an inline residual valve. Basically it keeps a small amount of pressure on the back side of the pad. When you’re out romping the desert and not on the brakes constantly the deflection and side load on the rotors will actually push your pads back. This cause a long first press when you hit the brakes again. Recommends a 4 or 6 psi valve to stop this from happening. Awesome people, cool to just talk through this stuff with the pros.