Please help me decide, cuz I can't

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there something you don't like about the stock tires on the truck. For what you describe the stock tires fit the bill they are sipped for ice do well in the snow, sand, ok in mud and fairly quite on pavement in a light weight package the new version is even better then what came stock. For a all around tire it can't be beat.

OP
OP
F

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No not really, I'm changing my wheels and just figured if I wanted to get something different nows the time. After sitting here most of the day researching everything even more I'm down to trying the 35 bf mud terrain's, or reusing the stock tires for now and possibly going to the new bf all terrains when they come out in the 37

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of 37 bfg at's old style and I love them I will say if your in sloppy mud they are not great but I'm not a mud fan anyway and for the few times that I am forced to play in the mud I still keep up with the others it just requires more attention. I think they are a very well rounded tire and I would also recommend that if you go with 37's that you buy fenders for the truck. Raptor addict hooked me up with a set of boatecs are they are great but I will say you still rub a little even with those so I would say you almost have to get them.

OP
OP
F

FITZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put a set of 37 bfg at's old style and I love them I will say if your in sloppy mud they are not great but I'm not a mud fan anyway and for the few times that I am forced to play in the mud I still keep up with the others it just requires more attention. I think they are a very well rounded tire and I would also recommend that if you go with 37's that you buy fenders for the truck. Raptor addict hooked me up with a set of boatecs are they are great but I will say you still rub a little even with those so I would say you almost have to get them.

Thanks for the info, Yep if I get the 37's I will definitely be getting fenders.

13raptorcrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the Duratracs! Had a little mishap last weekend, but that took out the tire, mudflap and tail pipe. Going in the recent snowfall, they are excellent.

CLAMUP

Reaction score
I just switched from the BF's to the MT-ATZ-P3, LOVE EM.

Attachments

• Photo Dec 26, 10 20 54 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 26, 10 20 54 AM.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 118
  • Photo Dec 26, 10 21 02 AM.jpg
    Photo Dec 26, 10 21 02 AM.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 83

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really like my beefy ass duratracs. Drive real nice and handle great. Will get some real world snow in two days.

11c57eee689d07a02f1cf3d8fb7f0b1b.jpg

3dd6be39e58dae02d8ec0088f22a5778.jpg

Juiced4ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was having the same questions as you. Except I was between the Toyo rt and mt's or the cooper st maxx. I live in Tahoe so snow performance is a must and I offroad a ton so kinda wanted a tire that would do all. After talking to a few friends with Toyo's and forum members with the coopers I pulled the trigger on the st maxx's. Should be here in a couple days and will post up. Everyone I talked to with these had nothing but great things to say about them. And they are like 65 pounds which was a plus. Just my .02

tplee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely stay away from a load E tire unless you need it. The added unsprung weight, particularly in the rolling mass, is a real killer. I ran Nitto Mudgrapplers (a load E/10-ply tire) on my previous. They are GREAT tires, but very heavy.

Having said that, aside from the Nittos and Superswamper TSLs, I've almost always opted for the BFG MTs. My uncle owns a tire shop and I worked there some growing up. From my experience, it's hard to find a better engineered off road tire. When my stock ATs are worn out, BFG MT/KM2s will be going on.