Plastidip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just heard of this new thing called plastidip. It's a spray on sort of cover for vehicles. They have a bunch of different colors. Was wondering, has anyone tried this yet??

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes there a bunch of topics in this forum about plastic dip. I my self have my flares plastic dipped and about to do some of my grill soon

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
Bnewell101

Bnewell101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of people doing fenders n what not. I was wondering if anyone did it over they're paint

SvtDon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yup been done. Comes off easy. If its big better to user a sprayer more likely. Someone on here did there whole hood to see what it would look like

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
^x2

If you don't use sprayer it won't have a consistent coat. Can't do that big of an area evenly with rattle cans. Google it and you'll see how some of them look. If it's done right it doesn't look bad but you won't find many that did it the right way. I would say a negative is that if it gets scratched you have to redo the entire panel but that's technically a positive since you're not scratching your paint.

BIG_TEXAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup been done. Comes off easy. If its big better to user a sprayer more likely. Someone on here did there whole hood to see what it would look like

hey bnewell101, our buddy the258 did his hood and it looks damn good. you may want to give him a holler and ask him how he did his. he has also posted pix of some of his south padre island runs...i'm almost certain it has held up so far, but i'll let you ask him to double check. Good luck

The258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's still holding up so far other than minor rock chips, which left me curious to how that happened. Other than that, going on 4 months with out an issue. It is a pain to keep clean though.