Plasti Dipped my hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amphibian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plasti dip comes off with no issues and no damage to the paint.

Eh... That's debatable. I have heard stories on forums for other vehicles of it taking the clear coat off when removed. Maybe the Ford paint doesn't have this problem, but I don't think that statement is valid as a blanket statement.

OP
OP
BearLeeAsian

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eh... That's debatable. I have heard stories on forums for other vehicles of it taking the clear coat off when removed. Maybe the Ford paint doesn't have this problem, but I don't think that statement is valid as a blanket statement.

I've heard that too, but according to most of the posts, it depends on the condition of the paint and the prep before. Googled and there are a few stories, a few. And most of them stated that the car has been repainted. One guy tried to remove it with a power washer. It shouldn't take the clear off of a brand new car or a car 2-3 years old.

Another edit: here is a video of a guy taking bright green plasti dip off of his Acura RSX. No issues.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cBbASf2Y3DQ&desktop_uri=/watch?v=cBbASf2Y3DQ

Last edited:
OP
OP
BearLeeAsian

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Quick update: still holding on strong, of course I did a few layers.

As for retapping- no.. I highly suggest you tape, spray the tape lines and pull the tape as soon as it starts to dry. When I was spraying, it stuck to the tape and after I pulled the tape off (after it was dry) some pulled off with it. I had to retape about an inch down and respray

Last edited: