Pictures and Review of 2011 Ford Raptor Super Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Excellent question, I even thought to write about it but wanted to keep it short haha.

The responsive-ness of it is equal to the Taurus SHO. From prees of the button to actual computer execution there is about a 1-2 second delay. If the RPM's will be within 200 of Red-Line then the "M--" (The "--" indicates what gear you are in) will flash at you and not down shift at all. Rev-matching is smooth and effortless, with the exception of 2nd into 1st, but that's always a given with most Ford Select-Shift Trans. Downshifting for engine brake is smooth and effective. Downshift at a constant high RPM is just as smooth. And downshift for quick take off is smooth as weel, even if you're downshifting 2 or 3 gears.

The transmission schedule has been tuned and it shows when coming to a crawl at a stop light then taking off on green before completely stopping. It no long has the hard jolt that the 2010 seem to have. You can still feel it, so the problem isn't entirely gone, but it's better than before.

Hope that answers it! Thanks for the kind comments and taking the time to look through everything!

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Excellent question, I even thought to write about it but wanted to keep it short haha.

The responsive-ness of it is equal to the Taurus SHO. From prees of the button to actual computer execution there is about a 1-2 second delay. If the RPM's will be within 200 of Red-Line then the "M--" (The "--" indicates what gear you are in) will flash at you and not down shift at all. Rev-matching is smooth and effortless, with the exception of 2nd into 1st, but that's always a given with most Ford Select-Shift Trans. Downshifting for engine brake is smooth and effective. Downshift at a constant high RPM is just as smooth. And downshift for quick take off is smooth as weel, even if you're downshifting 2 or 3 gears.

The transmission schedule has been tuned and it shows when coming to a crawl at a stop light then taking off on green before completely stopping. It no long has the hard jolt that the 2010 seem to have. You can still feel it, so the problem isn't entirely gone, but it's better than before.

Hope that answers it! Thanks for the kind comments and taking the time to look through everything!

Thanks Aaron for the explanation - that answers my question.
It's the 1-2 second lag time I'm not so keen on, but I understand the other benefits.
I'm quite happy with the shifting patterns in Tow/Haul mode for the in-town driving I do - I hit that button before shifting outta park every place I go.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
great review, cant wait for the real thing !! question, where does the rear camera show up?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
great review, cant wait for the real thing !! question, where does the rear camera show up?

Do you mean where in the truck do you see the rear camera's display???

If so, the answer is your whole nav screen if you have the nav package, but if you don't it shows up on one side of your rearview mirror.

If that wasn't what you meant by your question, my bad.

CB17

Reaction score
Nice job with the explanations and write up!!! Does the 4.2" screen display a digital speedometer when moving?

OP
OP
T

TeamFordRaptor

Reaction score
Nice job with the explanations and write up!!! Does the 4.2" screen display a digital speedometer when moving?

That's a good thought. The answer is no, but it would be a great idea for quick glance when high speed off-roading. Heck, it would be great in general! It will show you digital read out's of real time Miles Per Gallon, Miles Per Gallon Averages and so on. One of the screens shows To The Degree Transmission Temperature. Very handy! But no MPH/KPH. You'd think that would be a given, Mercedes has that in all their cars last I checked....

Bojangles is correct. It will show on the Nav Screen. If no Nav is equipped, it shows in the left hand corner of the rear view mirror. The camera location remains the same inside the rear tailgate Ford Oval. And it still doesn't beep yet either. Just the camera, no sensors for those who "LOVE THAT FEATURE".

Thank you all again for the complimented comments :)

CB17

Reaction score
::Rock on::Rock on::Rock on:One more question...where is the placement of the mic on the 2011's