Performance Mod Questions!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Okay so I've been searching around, here's what I'm thinking about putting on the truck!
-StainlessWorks Headers all the way back
-5 Star Tune
-AFE CAI

After doing all this:
-How much HP would I be running?
-How good would my truck sound?
-Would my truck be more responsive?
-What are your opinions?

Thanks,
Project_Infidel Team

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the Corsa CAI, SW LT's and performance connect lightning exhaust with a 5* 93 performance tune and its a whole new truck. a total beast now.

The Headers and exhaust will give you a nice power bump and sound crazy good, but really the tune wakes the truck up as ford throttle control from factory and load control sucks.

the CAI should help a little with power when you have the LT's and does at a little to the sound.

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
I have the Corsa CAI, SW LT's and performance connect lightning exhaust with a 5* 93 performance tune and its a whole new truck. a total beast now.

The Headers and exhaust will give you a nice power bump and sound crazy good, but really the tune wakes the truck up as ford throttle control from factory and load control sucks.

the CAI should help a little with power when you have the LT's and does at a little to the sound.

Wow that's awesome man, have you ran it on a dyno since then?

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was going to take it to torq this week but they are overpriced on the dyno fee. Found a couple others that are around $80 for 3 pulls so going to try and see if I can take it to one next saturday or the following monday

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've been searching around, here's what I'm thinking about putting on the truck!
-StainlessWorks Headers all the way back
-5 Star Tune
-AFE CAI

After doing all this:
-How much HP would I be running?
-How good would my truck sound?
-Would my truck be more responsive?
-What are your opinions?

Thanks,
Project_Infidel Team

From what I've read:

-How much HP would I be running? 20-30 more HP with a 93 Octane Tune as well
-How good would my truck sound? Awesome!
-Would my truck be more responsive? Yes. Especially with the tune!
-What are your opinions? All excellent choices IMO

BANE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to take it to torq this week but they are overpriced on the dyno fee. Found a couple others that are around $80 for 3 pulls so going to try and see if I can take it to one next saturday or the following monday

Torq is a great company tho

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torq is a great company tho

Yes they are a great company, and the guys that work there are very friendly. Plus if you choose to buy their package of Tunes for life, you can have them rearrange your tune to suit the new mods you do to your vehicle.
I will be down on their shop tomorrow to do some more custom tuning to my raptor and desires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes they are a great company, and the guys that work there are very friendly. Plus if you choose to buy their package of Tunes for life, you can have them rearrange your tune to suit the new mods you do to your vehicle.
I will be down on their shop tomorrow to do some more custom tuning to my raptor and desires.

I have lifetime 5 Star tuning from Stage 3. Torq might be a great shop but when I received the price for 2 dyno pulls I now know where I will not be going for any work.

Anyone that thinks 2 Dyno Pulls is worth $120 needs to wake up. I was going to have the dyno done during lunch this week as I will be up working in the Royal Caribbean Lab all week out in Miramar but oh well.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lifetime 5 Star tuning from Stage 3. Torq might be a great shop but when I received the price for 2 dyno pulls I now know where I will not be going for any work.

Anyone that thinks 2 Dyno Pulls is worth $120 needs to wake up. I was going to have the dyno done during lunch this week as I will be up working in the Royal Caribbean Lab all week out in Miramar but oh well.

Oh I didn't knew about that, they did my pulls free since I bought and installed my Magnaflow System at their shop. Price for the Magnaflow was really good just $20 more than AutoAnything.
Now the custom Dynotuning, I did had to pay for it, for all the time involved and custom work they needed to do. Around 4 -5 hours of custon tuning.