PCM and Every Fault Code (Disco on Dash)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Money

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a new thread to the top, I’ve already posted about this before in other threads.

I have a 2019 and I love my truck. We actually have a great dealer/service department in town that worked with me on some issues with my last truck.

I’ve been getting the PCM, Blind Spot, Tire Sensor etc warnings lighting up like a Christmas tree from week 3 of owning this.

Yes, it should go to the dealer but I swear it’s something stupid like a bad ground or a short. I’ve noticed a pattern though... this happens when driving on a road trip/extended time or after some wheeling. I’m a pretty patient guy. I just pop the hood and disconnect the battery for a while.

A few weeks ago we towed up to Mammoth and one night I unhooked the battery, out the keys into a medal lock box about 30 feet from the truck and didn’t touch the truck. Apparently this is like resetting the BCM. So, it was all good for a while. Went wheeling the other day, all good.

I went to the beach @ Newport Coast yesterday and parked a “little” on the curb to grab our food to go and when backing up... BAM... every warning known to man flashed. So we get to the beach, pop the hood and this time I could hear what sounded like and HID ballast humming before I disconnected the negative terminal. When we left, hooked it all back up and we were good.

So had anybody figured this out in their own? I know a dealer will keep the truck for 2 weeks, never experience it and throw darts at the wall. I have 1 hunch from the experts on the internet... possibly a harness by the tranny? I’m thinking that’s the is more likely to be wet or dusty from wheeling or getting shaken around.

I’ve heard the BCM could be the issue... but I already disconnected the battery, left the headlight on, hid the key far away in a medal box which is supposed to be the DIY way to solve that issue.

I have a work trip in a couple weeks and might surrender to the dealer for when I’m gone.

But again, it has to be something stupid.

Any internet experts here that can help me? Thanks!