Paint protection...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 3m pro, well worth the month. this is my third vehicle ive had it installed on. they do sell pre cut kits but i leave it to the pros. you cant even tell my truck is covered.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the 3m pro, well worth the month. this is my third vehicle ive had it installed on. they do sell pre cut kits but i leave it to the pros. you cant even tell my truck is covered.

I plan on doing the same as soon as I get the truck. Trail pin stripes are a PITA and drive me crazy.

Did you do the fenders, doors and bed sides? How much did it cost you?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Anyone know any reputable dealers in AZ who does this? This is one connection I lack in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I plan on doing the same as soon as I get the truck. Trail pin stripes are a PITA and drive me crazy.

Did you do the fenders, doors and bed sides? How much did it cost you?

full hood, full front fenders, bottom 10" of all doors, front 1/4 of the rear fenders, black trim around the windows, mirrors.

it was prob around 1200-1500. i had alot of other stuff done at the same time for one price so im not quite sure how it was broken down.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
full hood, full front fenders, bottom 10" of all doors, front 1/4 of the rear fenders, black trim around the windows, mirrors.

it was prob around 1200-1500. i had alot of other stuff done at the same time for one price so im not quite sure how it was broken down.

Thanks for sharing.

Curious why stop at only the bottom 10" of the doors and not do the full doors? Seems you are thinking of this as primarily preventing door dings in parking lots?

I will be getting the entire sides including the plastic fender flares done. For me its about preventing trail scratches.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
had a quote from a good detailer and for just the standard front package (not full hood) it was close to $1000.

For that price, I think I will take my chances and do some touch up work if needed.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd never heard of anything like this so after I read this thread I went to the website and checked it out. I was researching options to protect the finish on a new raptor and was looking at things like Opti-coat and such that I'd read people discuss here. But this Xpel concept is new to me. It looks really cool if it doesn't end up looking like a shrinky-**** or all plasticy.

It looks like they offer a "Stealth" kit that they claim actually alters the finish and implies it gives it a "Matte" finish. Their photos look promising. I've always loved a black vehicle with a matte/satin finish but only Shadow Black was offered on the Raptor.

Anyone have any experience with those Stealth kits? I'm wondering if it truly creates a nice matte finish or if it would look strange.

From this Youtube video it seems it might look really nice:

Xpel Stealth over a Gloss Black Audi

Stealth looks like a satin finish. I saw a GT35OR in avalanche grey over the summer wrapped in Stealth and it looks badass! Stealth is a bit more expensive though as they have to be even pickier with the edges and how they wrap the truck to make sure there isn't any glossy areas exposed that you normally wouldn't even notice with the regular XPEL Ultimate.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Thanks for sharing.

Curious why stop at only the bottom 10" of the doors and not do the full doors? Seems you are thinking of this as primarily preventing door dings in parking lots?

I will be getting the entire sides including the plastic fender flares done. For me its about preventing trail scratches.

A lot of guys only do the lower 10" of the door to protect the rockers from chips. You get more chips down low than the occasional rock that could make its way up higher.

1Wolf

Reaction score
I wonder how the Xpel Stealth (and other Xpel coatings for that matter) handle small damage, or water, or hot/cold cycles.

I live in the Chicago area and seasons here can be pretty harsh when it goes from cold to hot, salt on the roads after snow, etc. etc.

I wonder if it can like "separate" or create bubbles or anything like that. Or if the occasional rock or what not might make a chip or small gash in the wrap that weather could get into and cause problems.

I wonder if its repairable if it got damaged.

Looks like I'm going to have to find an applicator in my area and sit down with them and ask some questions.

Vikingrl

Reaction score
I got some quotes for the stealth xpel in my area and they were $6,000-$6,500 installed. Does that sound right?