Pads and Rotors Recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do they perform any better than stock? More noise or brake dust?

Less dust and more noise during light brake application.
The pads are semi-metallic I think.
Better modulation, pedal feel, less fade and shorter stopping distances than stock.
I was surprised by the performance difference honestly, as was a raptor owning friend who also drove my truck.

EagleRaptor

Reaction score
I've always had good luck with Akebono pads and AC Delco rotors if looking for long life, both are improvements over what comes factory in my experience

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Less dust and more noise during light brake application.
The pads are semi-metallic I think.
Better modulation, pedal feel, less fade and shorter stopping distances than stock.
I was surprised by the performance difference honestly, as was a raptor owning friend who also drove my truck.
Shorter stopping distance? Brake pads that increase tire traction. Hmm a bit of exaggeration

CVP33

Reaction score
Brake pad material makes a huge difference in stopping distances. Usually at the expense of rotor life. I’ve tested so many racing pads in my road course hobby:

- Carbotech
- EBC
- Hawk
- Pagid

….the only pad that does not kill rotors AND also stops great over and over again is G-Loc. Sadly, I’m sure they don’t make pads for our Raptors and most on here couldn’t tolerate the squealing.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brake pad material makes a huge difference in stopping distances. Usually at the expense of rotor life. I’ve tested so many racing pads in my road course hobby:

- Carbotech
- EBC
- Hawk
- Pagid

….the only pad that does not kill rotors AND also stops great over and over again is G-Loc. Sadly, I’m sure they don’t make pads for our Raptors and most on here couldn’t tolerate the squealing.
You need to give Ferodo a try. My favorite street compound of all time is the DS2500 from them. Was absolutely fvckin nutz with the Evolution OE brembo calipers/rotors. 60-0 in 95 ft was hardly trying. Wish I could get DS2500 in the Raptor Alcon pad fitment... then again we were talking about a 3200 lb car vs almost 6000lb truck.

CVP33

Reaction score
You need to give Ferodo a try. My favorite street compound of all time is the DS2500 from them. Was absolutely fvckin nutz with the Evolution OE brembo calipers/rotors. 60-0 in 95 ft was hardly trying. Wish I could get DS2500 in the Raptor Alcon pad fitment... then again we were talking about a 3200 lb car vs almost 6000lb truck.
I heard good things about them as well. I tend to go frugal and the Ferodos were always a little higher than the rest. The one area me and all my road racing buddies agree on is brake fluid - Castrol SRF. Never let me down and I could run a full track season and just bleed it in between events.

Embarrassed to share how I found the limit of the brakes…….definitely underestimated both the speed I was going and the inability of the OEM brakes to overcome the laws of physics.

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score

- Carbotech
- EBC
- Hawk
- Pagid

Stopping distance is a function of tire traction. Once they slip, antilock, that’s the best you can do. I agree that improved performance from less brake fade and better feeling as they take less pedal pressure, but stopping distance from a pad change. Don’t buy it. Common sense will tell you your tire traction is key. If you change brake bias maybe be better. I agree better performance can be had, just not stopping distance if all things are equal except pads.