P1035 code help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tomek6

Reaction score
I believe it’s 12v.

Electrical isn’t my forte when it comes to cars and trucks. My mechanic was the one that measured everything but he said it’s all the same as what his manual tells him it should be. He’s a good mechanic and we’re both kinda stumped as to why it’s throwing the code. I thought maybe there’s some Raptor specific trick or fault.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
T

Tomek6

Reaction score
Update: so I took the truck in. We put a new sensor. Cleared the permanent memory and all that. Hooked up the diagnostic tool. Ran a test of the system and everything is fine. The tool has a message that a final test for the o2 sensor is to drive the truck for 5 min between 40-60mph. Did that. It ran fine. Started it up this morning. After a few min of driving the light comes back on. When the truck is cold the sensor doesn’t heat up fast enough. It is a heated sensor so for some reason it’s not getting hot enough fast enough. Next option is to replace the PCM.

OP
OP
T

Tomek6

Reaction score
Don't forget to clean your maf sensor, if dirty it can cause faulty o2 sensor codes.

Really? I did just re spray my K&N filter. Maybe some of the spray got onto to the MAF. I’ll try this tonight. Thank you. If that doesn’t work I will swap the o2 sensors to make sure they don’t happen to be wired backwards.

OP
OP
T

Tomek6

Reaction score
Ok so I gave up and gave the truck to Ford. They had it for two days and found a wire that was damaged. The reason it wasn’t showing up on our scans or volt tests was because we were working on the truck after it had been driven to the shop. At which point the truck was warm and the sensors heater wasn’t on. So we weren’t seeing the short. That’s why my CEL always came on after a cold start.