Over MSRP???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks murph. Would you recommend your sales guy?

Yes sir his name is Brian cool chill guy and straight shooter.

Like others mentioned start calling around I am sure more and more of these local dealers will be motivated to sell at msrp soon as their are a lot of them out there and people should and seem to be wise to not pay over msrp.

Dont settle msrp is totally doable and who knows maybe some below msrp will start poping up kinda doubtful here in so cal but you never know.

ranger22

Reaction score
FWIW, I walked into Park Cities Ford in Dallas, TX last Friday, met a sales manager and ordered a 2018 @MSRP, no haggling. They told me 10-12 weeks before it will arrive.

OP
OP
R

Ratx

Reaction score
Big thanks to all you folks with the good info.

We will keep on the hunt.

Just blows my mind that anyone would even contemplate paying 10K+ over MSRP.

I understand people get hungry for a new platform but one that has now been out for 10 years seems crazy.

NO one in Colorado will even come close to less then 10K over.:flipthebird:

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Big thanks to all you folks with the good info.

We will keep on the hunt.

Just blows my mind that anyone would even contemplate paying 10K+ over MSRP.

I understand people get hungry for a new platform but one that has now been out for 10 years seems crazy.

NO one in Colorado will even come close to less then 10K over.:flipthebird:
I couldn't find a dealer west of the Rockies that would go under $5k over. Ended up ordering in Texas with Ford Courtesy delivery to my local dealer. There are a bunch of 2017's on the lots out west that the dealers will soon be begging for customers.

OP
OP
R

Ratx

Reaction score
I couldn't find a dealer west of the Rockies that would go under $5k over. Ended up ordering in Texas with Ford Courtesy delivery to my local dealer. There are a bunch of 2017's on the lots out west that the dealers will soon be begging for customers.

That is just crazy!!!

I hope they take it hard. They make VERY good money at MSRP and asking more is just being greedy!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

"Begging" might be a stretch. Almost all 2017s still on lots are only there because they had unreasonable ADMs. Most of those trucks would sell nearly instantly if the dealers lowered the price to MSRP. Of course those buyers will be paying full price for a year old truck, so even that is still not a great deal.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Maybe one of these dealers will have an AG with beadlocks for under msrp in the next few months. If not just have to wait and find a good deal on LFG.

houtex1

Reaction score
Hello all.
Hurricane Harvey first responder and survivor.

I did not lose my vehicle to flooding but was not able to get home for 2 day because of high water and when I was it took 2 hours through back roads to make the 20 mile trip.

So that brings me here. Ford f150 fan, I've own 3 f150's and 1 mustang.

I want this truck but the best price I've been quoted is 5k over msrp. Ouch!

Who in the area is near invoice/ heck near msrp?

Any help is appreciated.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. CALL DEALERS - start with those closest to you - and
2. TELL THEM you're ready to buy a Raptor at MSRP and
3. ASK THEM what they have in stock or coming in.

houtex1

Reaction score
Thanks Whatexit?

I haven't felt this bad about buying a new vehicle since I was a kid. I paid way over msrp back in 1999 and been able to deal since. I guess it's because this is a new and popular truck.