Outlaw hood mounts and HIDX lights from Alternative Off Road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I picture a factory in china with "Super Good HID factory" or something to that effect written on the side, pumping out all sorts of different HID brands for less than a dollar a light.

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picture a factory in china with "Super Good HID factory" or something to that effect written on the side, pumping out all sorts of different HID brands for less than a dollar a light.

You're probably not too far off from the truth!

Tejas

AlternativeOffroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

:rofl: You couldn't even imagine how many emails I get a day saying that same thing. "HIGH QUALITY VERY BRIGHT HID OFFROADING FOR YOUR CHEAP DEAL"

But I can guarantee you that the HIDX brand and the Kragen Style HID's are made in the same factory and use top quality stuff. The others you see are all copies and are made in huge factories with a million different "brands" just like you said!

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Need install help on wiring - please.

I have installed 4 Rigid Duallys, and the Rigid 20" light bar using the upfitter switches. Now I'm installing two VisionX 4500's on the hood. Do I need to use the "relay" that comes with the wiring, or can I just use the red and black wires (like I did for the LEDs)? Do the HIDs require the relay?

OP
OP
puddle hunter

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need install help on wiring - please.

I have installed 4 Rigid Duallys, and the Rigid 20" light bar using the upfitter switches. Now I'm installing two VisionX 4500's on the hood. Do I need to use the "relay" that comes with the wiring, or can I just use the red and black wires (like I did for the LEDs)? Do the HIDs require the relay?

I'm not familiar with the 4500's and the equipment that comes with them. Are you referring to the inline fuse that comes with most off road lighting kits?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a couple things you can't have too much of and lighting is one of those :waytogo:

Added VisionX 4502s tonight. But I also pulled my D2s off the front.... They'll get relocated to the back. Between the 4502s, my 2 Rigid 40"ers and the Ducati Bi-xEnon retrofits I'm throwing CRAZY light up front now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339836215.624903.jpg

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the 4500's and the equipment that comes with them. Are you referring to the inline fuse that comes with most off road lighting kits?

It's a "relay", but the wiring also has two inline fuses. Just a huge nest of wires. The relay is used to take load off the switch - it allows the power to go straight from the battery to the light, protecting the switch from the amps.

I believe the upfitter switches are fused/relayed switches. So I assumed the relay was not needed. This is the first time I have installed non-LED lights on my truck. The Vision X 4500s are HID lights.

3206-img-0469.jpg

3207-img-0467.jpg