GEN 2 Ordered my Gen2 today! My Dealer experience....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yenrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! What do you guys do as far as tracking your order status now?

If you are a Facebooker - there apparently is a Ford Service way to correspond with them. I am not, so I use a contact link from another forum I joined long ago, f150forum - I email them and usually within 24 hours they respond back. Not this week though as they shut down due to hurricane, so Monday they should respond back.
I have read that they can be reached via twitter, but I have not looked into it as the emails works well for me.

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off thanks for all the great info shared here, that helped us greatly through the order process.

We ordered a 802a supercrew av grey rap with all options except carbon and beadlock wheels.

Dealer #1 - " 'we have one left' We just sold our last one for 15k over MSRP. Hurry if you want it, we only had 3 and 2 are gone. we will cut you a deal for only 10K over MSRP......

no thanks....

Dealer #2 - Come in and well talk about it, will make sure its under or at least not over MSRP

now were talking.....

Dealer #2 is a larger dealer, was great to work with. The salesmen did not necessarily know much about orders and how they get pulled etc. but the manager did. I had built my raptor out online and printed that so came in knowing what i wanted etc. They basically just sold it to me for MSRP which i was fine with. I am number 3 in line. The dealer had initial allotment of 6. I asked several times about a possible way to move up the priority order. They told me they could go to #1 for 3k which i was interested in, but they actually talked me out of it because they didn't think the delays were going to actually be that large.

Hopefully that is indeed the case, but i felt good to have a dealer talk me out of giving them money lol.

the way they did their priority is for rap orders im 12, they put the other guys at 10 and 11.

Hopefully they know what they are doing and they arent playing me etc but i thought id share, maybe it will be helpful!

total price (not tax etc) - $65,045k

Let me know if this sounds straight to you guys! Thansk! Will be our first raptor!

P.S. Dealer #1 called while i was on way to dealer #2, i told him i was on the way to another dealer who was willing to do MSRP or less, his reponse was "yeah, let me know how that works out for you".

I think it worked out great =)

I visited several dealers looking for a possible F150 Platinum before I gave consideration to a raptor. Then I began calling about a raptor soon after. No dealer here in CA wanted less than 10k over MSRP. I finally secured my order with a dealer in NY for MSRP - going to fly out and drive it home with the kids on a super fun road trip.

Yesterday I sent a text to one sales person who was a real ***** from the start. Super arrogant and dismissive in a way that was just unbelievable. I never gave him my mobile number so he had no clue who I was. The text simply said, "Just wanted to let you know I decided on a 2017 raptor instead of a standard f150" Then I waited. Literally in less than 2 minutes my phone was ringing. He called 3 times and finally left a message saying he didn't know who I was but to come on in and let's discuss getting one ordered for me. I responded via text,

"It's already ordered and I have a build day of 11/3" then

Me: ;) only paid MSRP

then again I sent,

"Your dealership lost out trying to gouge me. That's too bad"

Guy responds, "Who r you plz tell me"

Me: No
Me: Just a lost sale
Me: Pass that onto your sales manager that got ******* greedy

Him: Ok **** yrs self and enjoy

Me: Oh, I'll enjoy it alright
Me: Gonna drive right by ya
Me: All 450 horses ;)

I just wanted to get under his skin and rub some salt in a possible wound. I'm sure he'll find some sucker at some point to pay $10-15k over MSRP - just glad it's not moi.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I visited several dealers looking for a possible F150 Platinum before I gave consideration to a raptor. Then I began calling about a raptor soon after. No dealer here in CA wanted less than 10k over MSRP. I finally secured my order with a dealer in NY for MSRP - going to fly out and drive it home with the kids on a super fun road trip.

Yesterday I sent a text to one sales person who was a real ***** from the start. Super arrogant and dismissive in a way that was just unbelievable. I never gave him my mobile number so he had no clue who I was. The text simply said, "Just wanted to let you know I decided on a 2017 raptor instead of a standard f150" Then I waited. Literally in less than 2 minutes my phone was ringing. He called 3 times and finally left a message saying he didn't know who I was but to come on in and let's discuss getting one ordered for me. I responded via text,

"It's already ordered and I have a build day of 11/3" then

Me: ;) only paid MSRP

then again I sent,

"Your dealership lost out trying to gouge me. That's too bad"

Guy responds, "Who r you plz tell me"

Me: No
Me: Just a lost sale
Me: Pass that onto your sales manager that got ******* greedy

Him: Ok **** yrs self and enjoy

Me: Oh, I'll enjoy it alright
Me: Gonna drive right by ya
Me: All 450 horses ;)

I just wanted to get under his skin and rub some salt in a possible wound. I'm sure he'll find some sucker at some point to pay $10-15k over MSRP - just glad it's not moi.

Understand that you wanted to get under his skin but this is the kinda of fuel that will keep this industry sour...he'll just take his irritation with you and apply it on the next person. I know the world ain't rosie but we can do our part and try to simply avoid the back and forth and not be part of the problem... just sayin'

Fully agree with you... this ADM crap is really something and hearing that the OP was "talked out of paying 3K" to move up the priority chain smells all kinds of slimy. Even my dealer is applying ADM to their allocations but since I am a returning customer and have developed a decent, friendly relationship with him over the years (outside of cars), he was able to give me a fair deal (or at least fair to me, haha).

armyturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Understand that you wanted to get under his skin but this is the kinda of fuel that will keep this industry sour...he'll just take his irritation with you and apply it on the next person.

No - what keeps the industry sour is the fact that you need to go through a dealer in the first place to buy a car. You can thank the franchise laws since the 1930's and like in many other industries the corrupt politicians taking "campaign contributions": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWmYJOa-BM

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No - what keeps the industry sour is the fact that you need to go through a dealer in the first place to buy a car. You can thank the franchise laws since the 1930's and like in many other industries the corrupt politicians taking "campaign contributions": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMWmYJOa-BM

Curious, when did we ever buy a car direct from a manufacturer? I'm 43 years old and I don't remember a time when auto manufacturers offered direct sales? Didn't Saturn try to do this, I think? I did European Delivery in 2004 from BMW (which was killer, BTW) and that felt like a direct sale even though the dealer pushed all the paperwork on my behalf for roughly $600 over invoice.

Retail distribution has been a staple of the American (and world-wide) economy. In order for these manufacturers to reach everyone, they need to scale thru retail distribution. What gets me the most with these markups is that there is no "brand protection" from these auto manufacturers. Essentially, they create this grey market that is widely acceptable because of the "limited" status of these specialty cars. It fosters greed and creates that cycle of "resentful customer > slimy dealer > resentful customer > slimy dealer". I actually know of a bunch of guys who sell cars who do have a moral compass but it's these antics as you stated above that just add fuel to the fire, imo.

No argument from me brother... I get how you're feeling but I've been one to take the high road and find people that I want to work with rather than prodding the ones that I aren't worth the time of day. And if more folks would take a similar tact, the bad ones will slowly be weeded out of the system (in 1 or 2 or 3 lifetimes... haha).