Order is in shipment, Dealer is acting funny...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I was forced to pay the new sticker price, and then they claim they would contact ford and get my refund for me and cut me a check. Said it would take up to 45 days. Meanwhile, I still had to pay my state sales tax on the full amount, which is why I was pissed. When I picked up the truck, they said it would be a 50/50 that I would get the money back as ford was denying price protection for certain vehicles. That translates to we want to keep your money as an ADM. I am waiting out the full 45 days before I go atomic on them and ford corporate. Figured that's the right thing to do first, and then I will deal with it after they actually deny me the money. What else can I do except refuse delivery of the vehicle and then watch it get sold for $15k over sticker, which is still a win for them. I'd also be willing to see what a judge says about it in small claims, since it's under $5k.

uee

Reaction score
Short background here, I ordered a Gen3 in the start of February this year and it completed production last week. The current "estimated" ship time is end of this month, first week of July. While I know that time may move around a bit I started talking with my dealer about swapping the wheels out when the truck shows up and putting tint and bed-liner on it. They were more than happy to accommodate that and sent me an estimate on the costs plus my window sticker. I brought up that everything looks good save for the price protection but I knew the sticker would not reflect that. I asked if I needed to do anything further to make sure that gets taken care of and they stated they would ask their dealer rep but it was a lot of money and Ford probably wouldn't do it.

Based on everything else I have read here, that seems a bit suspect to me. My truck was a special order with an allocation so not dealer stock. Anyone else have experience here? Is there a person at Ford I can or should contact? I have not been totally screwed yet, but I fear it is coming.
Many of us are in the same boat that ordered last year. Let us know how it goes.
I ordered my truck last Oct with a build price of 81,325 and I just received my window sticker 2 weeks ago and it’s now 85,060, good news is there honoring my original build price without any Adm !

NES431

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my truck last Oct with a build price of 81,325 and I just received my window sticker 2 weeks ago and it’s now 85,060, good news is there honoring my original build price without any Adm !
Great! That's what I would hope to happen with my October order. SurfRaptor should definitely get his money back. I don't think they should have ever taken it!

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great! That's what I would hope to happen with my October order. SurfRaptor should definitely get his money back. I don't think they should have ever taken it!
Don’t worry. If I don’t get it back everyone on here and the internet will know what dealership to avoid completely. It will become my life mission. Lol

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone help me understand Price Protection. When I ordered in February 2022 the truck was one price. I now have a window sticker and it's status is Built, and the MSRP has jumped ~$2700. This is on Ford's end, not the dealer. Will Ford reimburse me the price change from order to delivery, using Price Protection? Does that come out of the dealer's pocked or Ford's? (Not looking to screw my dealer who has stated they're going to do MSRP for me).

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone help me understand Price Protection. When I ordered in February 2022 the truck was one price. I now have a window sticker and it's status is Built, and the MSRP has jumped ~$2700. This is on Ford's end, not the dealer. Will Ford reimburse me the price change from order to delivery, using Price Protection? Does that come out of the dealer's pocked or Ford's? (Not looking to screw my dealer who has stated they're going to do MSRP for me).
That price protection is on the dealer’s “invoice” end, and only applies in certain situations such as a true retail order being delivered to original order holder. There is a procedure they need to follow.

They have no obligation to pass that on to you but is certainly good business to do so.

bzogster

Reaction score
Some people that agreed to MSRP with the dealer have had the dealer sell them the price of the original DORA/build sheet. Per a Ford Zone Manager that I spoke to, the customer should be paying the price on the original DORA and should not have to absorb the price increase.

In my case, the dealer was not very familiar with the price protection process and was not comfortable giving me the original sticker price at time of delivery (they could not figure out what the price protection price should even be, and did not agree with me that it was $4180 less than the new sticker - the reduction in 801A price definitely causes confusion I think). I took delivery April 29. On June 6, my salesman let me know that Ford had reimbursed them the $4180. Shortly thereafter, I got a check from the dealer in the mail for $4180 + tax.

This really comes down to how much you trust the dealer. Ford reinvoices the dealer for the amount based on the price when you ordered. Ford does not directly reimburse the customer. So if you are going to pay the new sticker price then get a "we owe" from the dealer for price protection so you at least have some documentation of them acknowledging that they will give you the money when they get it themselves.

Ultimately, if the dealer wants to make extra money on you, they will refuse to sell at lower than the new MSRP, and then probably claim they never were reimbursed by Ford so they can't reimburse you.

Best way to do it is to pay original agreed upon price, but there are other ways to do it.