Only one HID comes on with start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I installed a set of Spyder projectors in my 12 Raptor. I also ordered an expensive set of HIDs to put in them. The install went well, but about a week after everything was installed, my driver's side lo-beam won't come on when I start the truck. I have to turn the lights off then back on once its started to make them both come on. Any ideas on why this is happening??? Thanks in advance!

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The startup arc to turn HID lights on is greater than the amount of power to keep them lit up. This is why the HIDs very briefly seem brighter when you first turn them on. Cold temperatures don't help this problem. You most likely have a weak igniter. It's possible that there's really nothing wrong with them and they're just cheap even though they were "expensive."

How long have you had them? I'd contact the manufacturer or retailer where they were purchased.

Danactive

I'm Back!
Reaction score
how much is expensive? i got a very nice reliable kit from TRS (the retrofit store) for about $150... thats very pricey for a pnp hid kit since ebay has em for $20 but mine have held up very well offroad and havent had a single issue for over a year!

turcoman35

Reaction score
Bro I had this EXACT same problem. Its for sure the harness. I replaced that bad boy with a new one and all was well. Get a new harness or try and fix it. Good luck!

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Haha I have been through eBay, DDM tuning, and finally went to the retrofit source. The Morimotos are great until I started having problems. Said EFF it and picked up a set of Denso slim ballasts and built my own wiring harness (low beam only for anzo project headlights) and rigid dually built in high beams. (Rigid and denso slim ballasts on the way). The anzo headlights are great though!! Really good projector and great high beam pattern. Should be pretty sick with denso slim lows and rigid dually highs.
ytytezab.jpg
Right headlight only to show cut off. Left was covered with a cloth. These are the stock halogens that are equipped on the projector from Anzo.
ruhaty2a.jpg

EBay and DDM are crap! Morimoto and denso is where its at. Morimoto hasn't been nice to me in the cold though. Perfect all other times. (Had hid in stock halogen OEM reflector and got high beamed a lot even after aiming them properly (then down a little lower after that lol)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc