One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just filled up for the 2nd time. First tank was 12.2, second tank was 15.6, but that was aided by a stretch of about 180 miles that the computer said I was getting 18.3 MPG, my math says about a 16.8 MPG.

We had a massive traffic issue on H1 westbound, causing 4 lanes to become 1 and a half (2 for the brave) lanes, which caused my recently recent trip reset to be below 10 for about 130 miles.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made the first extended trip in my 2014. I traveled 800 miles round trip mostly freeway and averaged almost 17 mpg. I started the trip with a little over 4000 miles on the odometer.
One thing I noticed is at highway speeds on some of the roads it seemed like the tires were out of balance. I took it by Discount Tire for a rotate and balance and all four tires were un-balanced. It rides so much smoother now.

Mark

Gumart1

Reaction score
Does the avg. mpg automatically reset at every fill up? I'm averaging 13.9, either on this tank or all of 94k miles! My trip odometer and other settings have never been reset.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It will just keep averaging out overall. If you want an average per fill up, reset it.

On a side note, for the past 3 years when filling up the miles to empty has fluctuated from around 380-415 miles at best. Last week I fill up and the it reads 545 to empty. It stayed that way and didn't drop significantly ove the past 2 weeks. Even my son noticed the large increase from the normal 380-415 fill up range to the 545 mile. Anyone got a clue?