Oil seperator / catch can for the R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledbetterjw

Reaction score
I've been sick and haven't installed mine yet, however when installing my S&B intake I broke one of those orange clips. I ordered a similar hose off ebay and removed the orange clips out of them (K2GZ6758-HA).
Notice anything different with this intake? Intake/supercharger noise, MPG difference?

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering the UPR kit or the SPE seperator. Any thoughts UPR or SPE?

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The SPE is very nice and provides easy use of the drain back function if desired. One bolt and it’s off. However, I would recommend getting a 125mm SS bolt to replace the one supplied. It is a little too short and does not engage as deep as the OEM valve cover bolt that it replaces. I submitted photos somewhere on this forum of the install.
R,
HAP

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the MPG go, it’s hard to tell I don’t drive enough. The mileage has improved some, not sure if it’s from being broken in or the catch can is helping -only 2800miles. In all city driving I’m getting. 10.6 with a fairly heavy foot on takeoff. I also run Castrol full synthetic oil.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
J&L OSC also makes catch cans. They currently don't offer one for the Raptor R (already make one for the GT500 with the predator), but I reached out and they said they are hoping to have one in the coming months. I have been running these on various cars for probably 6-7 yrs with good results and they are easily 1/2 the price of the UPR.

Last edited: