GEN 2 Offroad Drive Modes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The manual and raptor supplement detail the modes quite well. The main thing you should note is that they are well calibrated, and you should trust them to do what they were designed to do.

Normal, Sport, and Weather for the road, the rest for off road.

To answer your question directly, in heavy rain/snow I use weather mode. Light rain I just stay in normal but kick it in to 4A. Make sure you stay off the gas whenever the tcase is shifting.

So stay off the gas when I switch the 4WD modes? Do I have to be below a certain speed when switching 4WD modes

EMPAC623

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So stay off the gas when I switch the 4WD modes? Do I have to be below a certain speed when switching 4WD modes
Stopped into 4L but to go to 4A or 4H just step off gas, flip knob. Wait. Then give gas again. I’ve done it st highway speeds into 4A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stopped into 4L but to go to 4A or 4H just step off gas, flip knob. Wait. Then give gas again. I’ve done it st highway speeds into 4A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Raptor Assault they claim mode selection will check to make sure it is safe to switch before doing so, but I find no backing to that claim. The only speed restriction is 4L, between 0-3 I think. Barely coasting

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So... in mud mode , while blasting around small hills and a foot of snow seemed to work best. EXCEPT when i really got sideways or off camber , i think stab control kicked and robbed power? Any fix?

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So... in mud mode , while blasting around small hills and a foot of snow seemed to work best. EXCEPT when i really got sideways or off camber , i think stab control kicked and robbed power? Any fix?

Did you just select mud/sand or did you also hit the T/C button. Mud/Sand by default is (I think) the loosest setting, but you can further reduce interference by hitting the T/C, and even further reduce it by holding the button. If you had held the button after selecting the mode, then there's nothing else to be done.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a more detailed description of what is actually being changed in each drive mode then what is in the Raptor supplement?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
if there is, I’m not aware of it. Just off the top of my head, and 2.5 years on from Raptor Assault...

throttle response, shift strategy, permissible slip before nanny intervention, permissible ‘spin’ before nanny intervention, brake (bias?) strategy, and for the live valve shock models, integration of at least some damping changes based on those strategies.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks I will keep looking, hope to find detailed info of what the actual differences for each mode and each function that mode alters.

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Snow mode is a trip, you can gun it and it’ll crawl through stuff it shifts easier to not lock up in a down shift. I figured it was BS so didn’t use it 1/2 way through last winter. Now I’ll use it when it’s bad out.