Off-Roading Essential’s - What I Carry on the Trail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Yes the hi-lift can kick out pretty easily but it is like a Swiss Army knife. I have also use it as a attraction board to get from one boulder to another with my Jeep. My first Raptor had a winch(bday present from my wife)
Do you have a link for that slide out tray you have mounted in the bed? I also have a Diamondback cover and that looks handy. View attachment 340815View attachment 340813View attachment 340814
Great looking rides there! It’s the CargoGlide CG1000XL-6548
Sorry I couldn’t get the link to attach. Amazon has it for $1968.00
Check CG’s website too it may be cheaper there?
Ive been using one for 12yrs now in my Raptors , I swear by them

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Should I carry all that to Starbucks ? Just in case I get high sided on one of those parking blocks!!
It would be good to have it. You can break out the Chem-lights, attract some chicks, show them your Manny-bun and Cairibeaners and share share a Moca-frapa -crapa for $8.50 :pepper::pepper::anitoof:

Last edited:
OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score
Have you ever weighed how much all your extra gear weighs? Nice setup though and better to have more than not enough.
No idea on the weight. Once it was all in I just took it to Skips, he leveled it and I’m good to go. Handles great, on/off road without any concerns

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect. Thank you.

TheCzar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the hi-lift can kick out pretty easily but it is like a Swiss Army knife. I have also use it as a attraction board to get from one boulder to another with my Jeep. My first Raptor had a winch(bday present from my wife)
Do you have a link for that slide out tray you have mounted in the bed? I also have a Diamondback cover and that looks handy.
@Trailmaker You just had to go and ask him....I was purposely ignoring the fact he had a slide out tray that would work perfectly for me when my RTT is mounted on my Diamondback
@John M Sigh.... you just had to answer Trailmaker
In all seriousness, do you find that the CargoGlide's height gets in the way of hauling things that would have normally fit under the cover had the tray not been installed? That's my hesitation

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Trailmaker You just had to go and ask him....I was purposely ignoring the fact he had a slide out tray that would work perfectly for me when my RTT is mounted on my Diamondback

In all seriousness, do you find that the CargoGlide's height gets in the way of hauling things that would have normally fit under the cover had the tray not been installed? That's my hesitation
I was looking at the 1000lb one. Weights in at 135 and is 3.75” thick. So if you had put things on top a few 4x4 laid flat, can the lid still close?! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NJ2Y0KM/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

Reaction score

I was worried about the height at first but it hasn’t been an issue at all. As you can see all of my Tupperware boxes fit fine and the ease of removing either or both 1/2’s of the cover make it easy to get tall stuff in when the need may arise.
I swear by the CG, it makes it so dam easy to access all the bs I carry.
Make sure you GET THE XL, full extension, the 75% kind of defeats the purpose.
I mentioned above that I’ve been using them since 2010 when I got my Gen1. I first had a Bedslide and IMHO, it’s just not made as well as the CG. I’m on the trail a couple of times a week and the CG has never given me an issue. Every so often I will go through and tighten stuff on both the CG and the lid.
As soon as I can save the money I’m going back to a commercial type with the side bins. I’m going to put all of my Rescue/Recovery gear in the bins, freeing up the CG so I can mount a tire carrier to it. That will also solve any height issues which only means I will have more room, for MORE STUFF!!