OEM (The Real Deal) Ambient Lighting discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And we have come to a screeching halt.... The terminal ends I picked up from the dealer didn't match the factory connector. The pins on the factory connector are super small.

Attachments

• image-3242416514.jpg
    image-3242416514.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, even the best made plans can have a kink in them. I am going to run the harness behind the dash and allow enough room to work on the connector from the passenger side trim. Just 4 wires away from completion. Hopefully the dealer will have the correct wires in stock. If that is the case I should be finished Monday night.

OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So after a good nights sleep I was able to come up with a solution. The connectors for the ambient lighting on the side panels use the same pins as the main console connector. So to get the correct wires just order the 3U2Z-14S411-KNA. Seeing as it is easier to put a new connector on one of the ambient lights, I harvested the needs wires so I could reassemble the interior of the truck.

Attachments

• image-1786296299.jpg
    image-1786296299.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
Svtweb

Svtweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So upon initial installation and power up, the ambient lighting was a light purple shade. This would be close to all 3 LED's running at partial power.

After I programmed the HVAC module with the correct coding from the 2014 Platinum the ambient lighting defaulted to the "Ice Blue" to match all the interior lighting.

We are close.... Very, very close.

I could just stop the project here and call it a day, but then it wouldn't be a total success.

Now if I could have the assistance of the collective brain power of the group. I now need to change the "As Built" coding for the APIM. I already have a test plan to go through the 9 bytes that are different so we can isolate the parameter that needs to be changed.

I have my own VCM2 and IDS, but the APIM doesn't show up as a module that can be changed. What is strange is I connect to my friends 2013 Edge and the APIM shows as a changeable module.

Any insight would be appreciated.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Svtweb if/when you figure it out the expensive way I'd like to know if you know of a less expensive way just to get the ice blue colors for the footwell and rear passenger area.