OBX Raptor Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
No there will be check engine lights with or without tuning if you don’t weld cats in. Myself I have an ancient og tune with a delete. However I have a tuner I like more and will likely weld some in so I won’t get the lights and have a better tune anyway.

FishFreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No there will be check engine lights with or without tuning if you don’t weld cats in. Myself I have an ancient og tune with a delete. However I have a tuner I like more and will likely weld some in so I won’t get the lights and have a better tune anyway.
What are the bulges just after the collectors, resonators?

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Checking back in here, we’re installing these today. My truck is at 220k miles so it’s been a chore to get everything out, not that it’s reported to be easy at 1000 miles either. The headers themselves arent made half as bad as I expected. Ports are clean and the welds are acceptable. They fit just fine on the heads I have on the bench. Hopefully, they will squeeze in on the truck. Pics and a startup vid when completed. I’m not sure if these have been discontinued or what. The afe headers for our truck went out the same way on Walmarts.com also if I remember right and you can’t find those anymore either.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
Well everything is on and muffler welded. I opted for an old man can. Truck does sound pretty wicked straight piped but it’s not for me anymore, lost its luster before I made it to the exhaust shop. Couple things to know about these if you do find a set. They have no cats, no head bolts, couple of gaskets and the spring bolts. No instructions and no support(damaged/no fit, wrong box), as the company is being/was liquidated. Other than that they are stainless 1-7/8 headers. I will also add the job is a bitch. Not impossible but from someone who’s been wrenching since a kid, without a lift you better ******* be committed to this. Also some of our trucks are getting up there with mileage and age. Be prepared to go hard on bolts. If your in the rust belt may god bless you on your journey.

Attachments

• IMG_3739.jpeg
    IMG_3739.jpeg
    207.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_3738.jpeg
    IMG_3738.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 19

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Well everything is on and muffler welded. I opted for an old man can. Truck does sound pretty wicked straight piped but it’s not for me anymore, lost its luster before I made it to the exhaust shop. Couple things to know about these if you do find a set. They have no cats, no head bolts, couple of gaskets and the spring bolts. No instructions and no support(damaged/no fit, wrong box), as the company is being/was liquidated. Other than that they are stainless 1-7/8 headers. I will also add the job is a bitch. Not impossible but from someone who’s been wrenching since a kid, without a lift you better ******* be committed to this. Also some of our trucks are getting up there with mileage and age. Be prepared to go hard on bolts. If your in the rust belt may god bless you on your journey.
Man, I really want to find a set of these on that sale again.

mtnghost

Reaction score
I had a set of obx headers on my 1993 Miata, and they kept cracking at the welds from the collector to the flange. Just a warning. Hopefully they rectified this issue, other than that they looked and sounded great! Also they were equal length so they gave better response and top end without sacrificing the low end. Great product, crummy welds. Pretty but crummy. If headers on v8 trucks weren’t so damn hard to get at, I would try them out. Hopefully you have better luck than I had and we can all follow suite.