Now you can customize your Baja Behind the Grille Light Kits.. With our Harness System.. Check it out!...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So we have received many requests for options for an Amber light in the Baja Behind the Grille light kits. Of course, others want different combinations too.

Well, with our patented harness system, we have been able to make that not only a reality. But a SIMPLE one.

So first, let me put the link here. Then lets get into the details.

To understand how you can take one of our harnesses and make this work. I will put a video below explaining our crossover adapters-

So now, you can have ONE harness, but separately control 2 pairs of clear and 1 pair of Ambers on a separate switch.

You may or may not even need a relay, but with our system your harness is ready either way-

You can also prep your switches with our Numbered Extensions or simply crimp the included pins on in the harness kit.

You can also pick the combination you want.

The wiring with our system is so straight forward. You will find it easier than any hookups you have ever done.

Let us know if you have questions!

John

317/934/6778

info @spvparts.com

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this harness from SPV...running amber and white lights behind the grille....Haven't had one issue since installed. Great kit and even better customer service!

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have this harness from SPV...running amber and white lights behind the grille....Haven't had one issue since installed. Great kit and even better customer service!
Thank you for such wonderful feedback! We appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to earn your business!
Please let us know if we can ever assist with anything else.

Cheers!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am considering this option. Do you feel like you lose much light since they are behind the grille? Why did you choose to go amber and white instead of just white? I am new to all of this so thanks in advance for the help!

OP
OP

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am considering this option. Do you feel like you lose much light since they are behind the grille? Why did you choose to go amber and white instead of just white? I am new to all of this so thanks in advance for the help!
So, you will lose at least some light to the grille just by the nature of putting it behind it. However, Baja lights are very bright, and I have yet to speak to someone that installed our kit back there that didn't feel like they liked it.
The amber is generally used for foggy/dusty/snowy conditions, but some people just like the look of it more for aesthetic purposes rather than purely for utility.

Give me a call and I will gladly go over all the information with you and we can compare and contrast some different lighting options for you. I want you to have all the information so you can make the best decision for yourself and your truck. These lights aren't cheap and when you're making such an investment in your lighting, I always like to make sure we are investing in our customers, too. It's important to us that you love what you put on your trucks and that it works for you as you intended.

You can reach me directly by call or text at (317) 934-6778.
I hope to get the pleasure of speaking with you soon and I look forward to helping you light up your Raptor!

Cheers!
_Sidney @ SPV Parts

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Piggybacking off what SPV said, i went with a combo of amber and white due to living in Colorado. The amber is great in the snow and on some of the mountain roads, with white out conditions, its almost a must. I have ambers in the fogs too, but having a set up high helps. There is some light loss, but thats to be expected. I would do it again, i have no regrets.

Now with all that being said, I would like to see how A pillar lights would do compared to the grille lights. I know A-pillar lights with throw light much further down range.

spudman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you will lose at least some light to the grille just by the nature of putting it behind it. However, Baja lights are very bright, and I have yet to speak to someone that installed our kit back there that didn't feel like they liked it.
The amber is generally used for foggy/dusty/snowy conditions, but some people just like the look of it more for aesthetic purposes rather than purely for utility.

Give me a call and I will gladly go over all the information with you and we can compare and contrast some different lighting options for you. I want you to have all the information so you can make the best decision for yourself and your truck. These lights aren't cheap and when you're making such an investment in your lighting, I always like to make sure we are investing in our customers, too. It's important to us that you love what you put on your trucks and that it works for you as you intended.

You can reach me directly by call or text at (317) 934-6778.
I hope to get the pleasure of speaking with you soon and I look forward to helping you light up your Raptor!

Cheers!
_Sidney @ SPV Parts
Thank you! Will be calling soon!