Noticeable ride difference between Extra and Super cabs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my Screw, Havent driven a Scab.

I like the extra weight. Its fun to glide across the desert with all the weight. Only thing I dont like is weight over the tailgate, with dirtbikes. :/

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Love my scab, never driven the screw but I really like the shorter length even compared to my GMC 1500 scab.

If you don't need the space the screw gives you I'd go scab.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You asked if there's a "noticeable ride difference between the Extra and Super cabs" and here are two valuable answers from two previous owners:

I owned both and love the feel of the shorter cab much better! Now to be fair, I only have 4200 miles on this truck and had 41k on the scab. I can tell you I do feel the extra weight of the 6.2L engine and the xtra cab...

I owned a 2001 F150 screw for 10 years and went with a 2010 scab cause that's all they offered at the time.

I LOVE the scab, turning radius is amazing and you can definitely feel those extra 12" gone.

Yes it's a little tighter inside but we manage. I have 2 kids 5 and 7 and I've owned this for 3 years and wouldn't change anything.

If one was to speculate as to the differences between the SCab and the SCrew these would certainly be part of the response.

And those who have owned both would know best about the differences.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
the only real difference is when your off roading. Less likely to hang up in a supercab 133 wheel base then a 145, but the difference isn't much.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the only real difference is when your off roading. Less likely to hang up in a supercab 133 wheel base then a 145, but the difference isn't much.

Um, that's not what those who've owned both said.

You're talking about breakover angle which can be an issue but weight and wheelbase length are the very obvious factors to be considered and compared.

off-roading-diagram.gif

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i dont know.... a supercrew raptor followed the same trail behind me... got hung up twice in areas where i didnt. he was following my tracks too thats why i thought so.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Through Death Valley, the rock crawling sections are FAR easier in a Scab... Much easier to maneuver around the rocks and less chance of high centering as well...

We rarely have to spot the Scabs, where the Screws need attention at times.

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Through Death Valley, the rock crawling sections are FAR easier in a Scab... Much easier to maneuver around the rocks and less chance of high centering as well...

We rarely have to spot the Scabs, where the Screws need attention at times.

I have high centered on some curbs before. With the top perch and 37" tires now, I no longer get hung up. Great ground clearance.