Normal or Sport mode around town

How many of us use sport mode vs normal mode for daily driving?

• Sport Mode for daily driving

• Normal mode for daily driving

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NinjaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the first few months I have had the truck it, I have been driving in Regular (eco) mode 95% of the time.
I now have been driving 95% of the time in Sport mode... I honestly do not see a big difference in gas consumption. Driving in Sports mode is a lot better for city and hwy combo for me. The response of the throttle is just so much better when I need that quick lane change / acceleration.

For long highway drives I always use Regular lol.

Luchh224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why hasnt anyone come up with a test?

1 week in sport
1 week in normal

• Gas mileage
  • Transmission feel
  • Which gear it stays in the most
So didn’t do a test, but when I got the truck for the first like 4 months my R mode was normal, Baja exhaust, comfort steering and Baja suspension. Gas mileage was 16.5 avg.

Now my R mode is the same as above but the standard mode is sport and not only does it make it come much more alive, but honestly I think I’m getting BETTER gas mileage. Right now I’m averaging just under 17 so idk how true it is or what factors came in but I seem to drive the truck more “normal” in sport knowing that if I need the power it is right there.

RogueClimber

Captain Rob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Correlation does not equal causation, but yesterday I forgot to hit the "R" (Sport with quiet exhaust) and when the lights turned green I seemed to lag much further behind the cars ahead of me.

I realized my mistake, hit the "R" twice and was once again nimbly navigating LA traffic :cool: