NorCal Prairie City SVRA June 1st

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would think, May... October with an add on for December...

December is very muddy and it has lots of puddles. I'm not a fan of it that time of the year. Things hide in the puddles. In 2012 there was a deep puddle I drop in to and my back recovery hooks hit the side wall of the hole. May and October would be best. October would get you some mud but the track will not get the damage it gets over the winter season. But I won't be here anyway.

It's gonna suck not having you go on runs with us in the future, I'm glad I met you before you had to leave, maybe some of us will be able to go to TRR next year and we could see you again there

May can be rainy and wet, and that means mud. Trust me, you dont want any of that mud, your Raptor will carry it to the crusher-or the Mecum classic auction in 2050.

BTW-Ice-all the CHPs were in Truckee and on 80. I encountered about 5 of em.
Your Welcome.

sounds like everyone has a different idea, if we're gonna try to avoid mud, I think maybe march would be better than may, and september would be better than october, any specific reasons why you guys prefer the months you chose?

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the CHP busy... I chose May cooler, and October usually the first few rains and cooler... Sac's just hot June to September...

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

Not worried about mud, you should have seen the lost coast run. 3 days to get it clean underneath...

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
okay, so I'm gonna set it for the first saturday of each month except this year for now, next prairie city run will be on october 12th 2013 due to the planned death valley run that might be on the weekend of the 4-6th

Sgt Fast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From Gramercy Louisiana live in Biloxi Mississippi
Video from the day...

One day at Prairie city OHV park - YouTube

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Don't worry too much about it I have seen worse and we fixed it so when you get a chance order up a RPG kit and we can get it installed its not going to magically repair it but since metal fatigue is involved its better than nothing... I would if I could afford the actual frame repair take it to a frame shop to get welded.. ..In the mean time just get the longer bump stop bolts I told you about... Thanks for coming out... :party52:

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

I also put this up for photo of the month "Raptor Flying"... I don't see anyone beating your picture without frame damage...
Thanks,
That video is great! I tried to get carlee to video but she has not gotten the hang of it while screaming. I am just trying to make memories with my kids, all I remember from my childhood is doing burnout s and going to car shows with my dad in his 1969 Shelby gt 500. I had a great time and hopefully with the bump stop upgrade I can get nuts and go hard all day. Hope the pic does well and I am so glad I came to this forum, you guys are alright in my book and I can't wait to get with your group to do some wrenching, I just need to pull a parts budget from the wife!

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will post the death valley run link in the california raptor expeditions thread that's in my signature, any future runs in the CA/NV/OR/AZ areas will hopefully start to be posted there so everyone can be subscribed to that thread and be able to find runs in this region

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just over 1700 miles away is all! Cups you missed out on the SDBR hope to do that one again. Too bad everything is so far away. wyostorm might do something in wyoming that would be more middle of the road.

GBrown1867

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the truck can be linked. The front kit runs around 13k and then you have to do the rear. All said and done you are looking at around 22-26k to do it right. Then you will have a truck that is too fast and the next set of mods is a cage and seats. True race cages start at around 8k and go up depending on what you want. If you have that budget great!!!! There are a few guys on here that have those builds and their trucks are amazing. However, back to reality for most of us, rear springs, bump kit and a set of 3.0 shocks and you will be amazes at the differance. My truck will be there in October. (Andrew feel free to come back and check it out. Haha.)
Check out what's out there and I think you will be impressed with what can be done without going full long travel.

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just over 1700 miles away is all! Cups you missed out on the SDBR hope to do that one again. Too bad everything is so far away. wyostorm might do something in wyoming that would be more middle of the road.

Yep. It was a hard call. Still can't bring myself to look at the posts of how good it was.