New To Me Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MorringZ

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just bought my dream truck! 2014 Raptor in the Terrain paint color. Looked for one for a while and found a winner to jump on. 60k miles and loaded. I absolute love this truck, drove it up to Nashville last weekend and it did great, boat to park but damn it looks good!

Curious if anyone can give me a heads up, if needed, on stuff to look for?? I’m a decent mechanic and not fun shy about much.

Dream driveway complete, 2014 Terrain Raptor. 2017 Destroyer Grey T/A Challenger *Whippled*. And the grocery getter 2006 Grey Trailblazer SS LY6 swapped stroked 408 w/ stage 3 CAM.

E059EB4E-E7FF-4D85-8D74-FA291651A746.jpeg

12D2D587-063E-4083-8D81-C665356BD460.jpeg

A26CA2F4-C8C2-4803-A051-E124C772F35A.jpeg

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep those two for sure. Take it in for the recall right away. You can look in the fuse box (right in front on top of the radiator), there should be a sticker that says the fuel pump is number 70, if no sticker tell the dealer to get the service bulletin and do the fuse change.

Also, your shocks are supposed to be rebuilt every 50K miles or so. Fox will do it for $600+/-. Forged Offroad will do it too, but I heard that they don’t get their parts from Fox, so I’m not sure about them...

OP
OP
M

MorringZ

Reaction score
Thank you both, once this storm passes I’ll check out the fuse box, for the shock rebuild do you guys typically have two sets? Or just remove them, send em in and wait??

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those shocks are really expensive, I’m sending mine in and waiting. Fox is running about two weeks right now.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would do the fuse 27 location change and check if it needs the recall done for the transmission re-program.
Does anyone have more info on the fuse and trans recall? I also just bought a 2014 with 50K on it,so clearly out of warranty.Are these something that should of been done years back.Original owner told me there had not been any recalls on this Raptor...how does one find out?
Thanks

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the box on my '12. Yours should look very close or even identical. Middle finger pointing to the (now) vacant #27 slot, and first finger pointing to the (now) filled #70 slot. The dealer did it and put that sticker in there.

Some guys do this themselves with a small kit you can buy. There's a short wiring harness to link up the different slots and then you get a new fuse too. If your truck has fuse in #70, and vacant #27, I would say it's already been done for you.

DjzjLOR.jpg

RaptorSS

Reaction score
It is a recent recall, you can go to NHTSA website or make an account at Fords sync my ride website to find out if you are affected. The fuse 27 has a tendency to melt so they came up with a kit to move it to a more robust fuse, you could have the dealer do it or buy the kit off e-bay for $20 and do it yourself, its not that difficult, it comes with instructions.

Cindy

Reaction score
My 2011 has 130,000 miles on it and I just had to do the fuse 27 fix this last October. The truck would just quit running when I would hit a bump or get a little air time and land. The kit works great. It wasn't a recall , but they developed the kit for its fix.