New to me, 12 Scab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uh_oh_6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a 12 Scab with 44k miles.

Already has a few things done to it. ADD stealth front and rear bumpers with a light bar and a 8,000lb smittybilt winch, Worx wheels with brand new BFG all terrains. And couple little cosmetic things like the grill and graphics.

I've done a little reading and I was looking at getting a intake and catback, but from what I've read the stock intake is a very good design and some of the aftermarket ones are more prone to letting dirt/water in? So I think I'll just leave that stock and throw a DD catback on it for now and call it good.

Might look into getting some headers and a tuner down the road. I think it's got plenty of power, for now anyway. I've been searching around the forum a bunch since I started looking into buying the truck and have found lots of good info so I figured I'd join instead of creepin around.

good looking truck .... enjoy it

VelociRaptorSVT

Reaction score
Hey guys, just picked up a 12 Scab with 44k miles.

Already has a few things done to it. ADD stealth front and rear bumpers with a light bar and a 8,000lb smittybilt winch, Worx wheels with brand new BFG all terrains. And couple little cosmetic things like the grill and graphics.

I've done a little reading and I was looking at getting a intake and catback, but from what I've read the stock intake is a very good design and some of the aftermarket ones are more prone to letting dirt/water in? So I think I'll just leave that stock and throw a DD catback on it for now and call it good.

Might look into getting some headers and a tuner down the road. I think it's got plenty of power, for now anyway. I've been searching around the forum a bunch since I started looking into buying the truck and have found lots of good info so I figured I'd join instead of creepin around.

I was looking for a CAI, but decided to go with a performance air filter for the stock intake, as recommended by some here. Gives the truck a meaner sound (even if just a little), and you can feel the performance boost (even if just a little). It's the cheapest route, but not the worst. :imo:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome brother! Love the SCAB. Enjoy and wipe that big smile off your face....LOL