New to Forum and the Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are not able to get the truck to fit in your garage(hight wise), you can always take some of the preload out of the coil overs up front and pull the blocks out the rear. Doing this will get you a few inch's lower

The bonus of doing this is that the truck will corner like nothing no other truck out there

The way you make your "driveway" sound is amazing, wish I had 2 water crossing instead of street lights on my 4 mile drive home

How would you take preload out if the shocks come at the bottom. This is the first I've heard of this.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
How would you take preload out if the shocks come at the bottom. This is the first I've heard of this.

Is there no way to take pre load out of the shock?
I haven't taken one apart. Since its a coil over I assumed that you could play with it. Then again, I could be wrong, its happened before

MXrider38

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you are thinking of it as having a threaded shock body which it does not. It's just three clip positions on the shock at which it comes at the lowest/softest setting.

The only way I could think to soften it up more is use the 5.4 springs or see if fox has a replacement. I would assume there wouldn't be much difference in spring rate between the 5.4 and 6.2 though.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Why would you alter the suspension on this amazing truck!? Raptors are supposed to sit high and mighty, not slammed!
I don't see this entering the baja anytime soon.
truck-xtralow.jpg