New Raptor smoked mirror lenses by RECON!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so not everyone has that stuff laying around?! i thought we drove $65,000 trucks and could afford that stuff?

btw, "factory quality" isnt that hard. anyone else notice the horrible orange peel in our trucks?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
what a perfectly reasonable response. our paint has orange peel, so let's make sure we put the cheapest shit possible on for mods.

9sword

Reaction score
^ That's actually a really good idea, but these are licensed by Ford now and believe it or not a decision like that could take a year! yikes

My custom shop has told me that a LED tailgate light bar does not fit on my 2012 Raptor. He mentioned the wiring for the back up camera is in the way and that the metal piece between the bottom of the tailgate and the top of the rear bumper is not flat, but has a "L" shaped bend all the way across the truck. Is there anyway to install a LED tailgate light bar on my 2012 Raptor?

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so not everyone has that stuff laying around?! i thought we drove $65,000 trucks and could afford that stuff?

btw, "factory quality" isnt that hard. anyone else notice the horrible orange peel in our trucks?

Never mind the orange peel almost every panel has a flaw in it like dirt, bubbles, fish eyes, or pin hole.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You know, after thinking about it, if Recon was to offer color matched ones at this price, I'd probably buy a set of Molten Orange ones, especially with that 18% discount I just learned about.

That's downright badass of you guys to offer a discount that big.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my point was that "factory quality" isnt all that great. orange peel was just an example. the biggest problem on here isnt that people dont wanna pay $80 for a mod to their truck, its the fact that those 2 little plastic pieces arent worth $80. if someone only want to use the best of the best and make a show raptor, than to each his own. but for the rest of us that like use our truck for what theyre made for, i think we'd rather spend a little less for something thats likely the get scratched up, especially when it looks the exact same when its done.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was looking for these smoked lens to match other installed smoked leds from recon and would purchase if they came with LEDs to go behind lens otherwise my options are to go with painted or just pain black plastic versions available from ford parts. Without the led and wire harmess what good is the lens?
Also interested in top of cab smoked LEDs.
I'll wait for complete package lens w leds and maybe purchase both if condensation issue is resolved and will post pics once complete. I have not ran any number but is that discount any better than purchasing it thru amazon or other recon resellers since they seem discounted too?

3rd brake light instructions were wrong and corrected and new light was sent to me to replace the one that didn't work correctly. Tail lights do appear to have condensation but have not looked into resolution with Recon yet. It would be nice if they would replace them with a product that doesn't look to have condensation in the tail light lens. Has that been resolved with a replacement product?

This maybe too much for this post but also purchased recon fire n ice side light bars but won't install because they are screw on not 3m stick on type so if anyone is interested let me know best offer:)

Last edited: