New Raptor delivered on Tuesday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

A number of people use their Raptor as hunting rigs. If you want the quietest truck, get a Rivian. As you put it, you hike in. So maybe I don't understand your issues as I do my hunting at Starbucks. Maybe look at a dedicated hunting rig and use the Raptor for everything else?

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice truck. Not sure I'd buy a truck built for high speed performance then expect it to be quiet (most Raptor owners want an even louder V8 rumble...)

But hey, I love my Raptor so I'm not gonna poopoo yours LOL

And I run quiet mode all the time -- I'm old I don't need to show off by letting people hear my truck

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice truck. Not sure I'd buy a truck built for high speed performance then expect it to be quiet (most Raptor owners want an even louder V8 rumble...)

But hey, I love my Raptor so I'm not gonna poopoo yours LOL

And I run quiet mode all the time -- I'm old I don't need to show off by letting people hear my truck
I do it on Baja mode because I like the sound. Couldn't care less if anyone else notices.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We drive in blacked out with nods in an older 4runner. Then walk to the shoot position. Use IR illumination mounted on truck. That’s a really nice new truck to use that way but it will certainly do it.

OP
OP
E

evpATX

Reaction score
We drive in blacked out with nods in an older 4runner. Then walk to the shoot position. Use IR illumination mounted on truck. That’s a really nice new truck to use that way but it will certainly do it.
I am planning to replace the stock fog lights with 3 and at least one pair of IR. I haven't figured out how to get an IR light a bit higher without a roof rack. I've seen some light bars mounted inside the grill. Certain times of the year the lower lights would blocked by grass. I haven't turned on my nods since I got the rooftop thermal, but if I could dedicate a truck to it would be easier to black out.

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpg
    IMG_2507.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 9
OP
OP
E

evpATX

Reaction score
You can give a-pillar mounts a shot for your IR.
Good idea- Those look straightforward and no permanent modifications seem to be required. One of the main reasons I went with the raptor is all the good mods are made specific for that model. On my XLT there were no upfitter switches so it was a hassle to try to modify (which I never did).