New owner in Texas hill country...with a proposal!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same general area. Congrats on the SCAB leadfoot!

Unfortunately, my handle is aspirational. If 997.1 GT3s hadn't gotten more expensive recently, the rap would've been a porch. ~A couple more years and I'll add that or a modified 997.1 turbo with three pedals. Or a less expensive dedicated track car. Jury is out. Presently running an e90M for the fun car.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost bought a gently used 997.1 GT3 from a buddy of mine when we lived in Germany. I used to give him a ton of grief when I would turn faster lap times in my admittedly fairly modified Mini Cooper S with track tires than his GT3...told him he needed to sell it to someone who could drive it at least a little closer to its potential!

He reminded me that if he loses it into the armco barriers he’d be throwing away $120K...and that I’d only be losing $20K! Happy I bought the Cayman R instead though.

Here it is on the Nordschleife a few years ago:

i-LDSQX9C.jpg

And one from just a few weeks ago up at my local track where I’m a member (Harris Hill...like a country club, only with a 2-mile road course instead of a golf course!) when I was leading a group from our local PCA chapter for a track day:

i-8VWzx9M.jpg

Regardless, just back from Denton... Quick pic from the trip back when we stopped for a very late lunch/early dinner at Torchy’s Tacos in Waco:

i-TkTcFgF-X3.jpg

Pulled in to verify my measurements were good on the fore/aft spacing (just noticed the lighting makes the Porsche look melted!):

i-dT4PHTV-X3.jpg

...with tons more room to squeeze it over to the side a bit more:

i-NtQwF8W-X3.jpg

BTW, I really like that the overhead view picture on the backup camera screen doesn’t change when you fold the mirrors in!.

i-gnD7b5J-X3.jpg

More pics manana after I get it washed...or maybe without a wash; this is an offroad vehicle afterall!

Last edited:
OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, only on day 3 of ownership and already making mods... waiting patiently down in Houston for a new to me tailgate with step and no appliqué... found two in San Antonio, but one had no step and the other was from a Plstinum (same issue w/appliqué, only in chrome!).

Wish me luck!

i-wSgkWTj-X3.jpg

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome. I guess you're getting an '18 tailgate?

I already have the forged beadlock readys installed, have the bakflip on, my SVC bumps have arrived but are still in the box, and my Deavers should arrive on Thurs. A raptor is a nice starter kit.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Home, and Lil’ Devil is safely ensconced in the garage with the new (to me...2017) tailgate awaiting me finding the time to at least partially dissasemble it for paint:

i-NvxL6z2-X3.jpg

Will be at least a week or two unless I find time after work before Friday when we head out of town to visit our son.

In other news, who knew two new key fobs with the metal keys, plus programming and cutting the keys would cost damn near $900!

i-Qx4gChk-X3.jpg

And to top it off, even though I prepaid they wouldn’t/couldn’t even actually cut the physical keys because I don’t have permanent plates on the truck yet! :wtf:

More to follow as I retrofit the tailgate...maybe in the tailgate thread I added a post to in the exterior sub forum yesterday, but will probably start a new build thread for this truck even though I don’t plan to do too much any time soon.

Edit: Also got the quote from Billet Badges for my custom tailgate badge to replace the blue oval. More than I was expecting since I provided them the hi-res graphic, but I guess they need 3 additional hours of graphic design/programming to simplify and test the file on their CNC machine.

Last edited: