New owner in Texas hill country...with a proposal!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, New South-Central Texas Raptor owner and new to the forum.

After debating whether to order new because I wanted a pretty specific build, or waiting to find the right truck used, I’m picking up my 2018 Leadfoot SCAB on Saturday up in the DFW area and can’t wait!

SCABs are a lot harder to find than I anticipated...at least with the features I was looking for.

Was looking for a ‘17 in Avalanche or an ‘18 in Leadfoot, or maybe in Magnetic (either year...same color as my current ride), with SCAB and 802A as the only two must have conditions. This one’s a 2018 SCAB, Leadfoot, 802A, Carbon package, Moonroof, etc. Didn’t want the moon roof or tailgate appliqué, but they weren’t deal breakers either. Only thing missing that I really wanted was the built in tailgate step/handle.

Only a couple crappy pics from the dealership who just took it in on trade so far...it hasn’t even been prepped yet!

i-7m3dXN2-X3.jpg

i-bvHppNt-X3.jpg

i-q2wvDt6-X3.jpg

i-vzMcDF3-X3.jpg

Gonna nickname this one “Little Devil”...middle three numbers of the VIN serial # are 666! :flamingdevil:

More to follow after I pick it up and start the mods!

In the meantime, I’m looking for anyone in the Central Texas/Houston or Lubbock areas (we get out there a lot) who might be willing to trade tailgates...I really prefer one without the appliqué, and with my blown out knees and back from my former life, would really like to find one with the built-in step.

Will put a WTT ad in the classifieds here too...

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Nice truck. I would wait a while before deciding to swap tailgates. I originally thought I didn't want (to pay for) the applique, or the stickers for that matter. I found a deal on one with all the stuff. I have grown to like it and think it was money well spent.

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck. I would wait a while before deciding to swap tailgates. I originally thought I didn't want (to pay for) the applique, or the stickers for that matter. I found a deal on one with all the stuff. I have grown to like it and think it was money well spent.

Copy all and thanks...seriously appreciate the input.

Gonna sound funny, and I am the eternal optimist, but I already ordered a new/custom tailgate badge...for a truck I don’t even have in my possesion yet! :D

I can always put it on my old truck I suppose...but kind of have a vision for this one.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
That's cool, guessing some kind of howling wolf superimposed on a snow covered mountain or faded American flag backdrop? ;)

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WRT the tailgate, I was of the same opinion until I saw the '18 ***** stamp. Now, I've decided that if I want to get rid of the plastic, I'll have to pick up a '17 tailgate and have it sprayed (I'm also leadfoot). I also had a specific build in mind, leadfoot, no moonroof, no tech pkg... ended up flying 900 miles to pick it up & drive back. Where in the hill country are you located?

OP
OP
91Eunos

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WRT the tailgate, I was of the same opinion until I saw the '18 ***** stamp. Now, I've decided that if I want to get rid of the plastic, I'll have to pick up a '17 tailgate and have it sprayed (I'm also leadfoot). I also had a specific build in mind, leadfoot, no moonroof, no tech pkg... ended up flying 900 miles to pick it up & drive back. Where in the hill country are you located?

Just North of New Braunfels...

Same here. Was working with three different dealers, and even flew to Colorado last month to look at one. I wanted the standard wheels too...love the way they look. Looking at some other 17” rims for my day-to-day driving, and these will get painted (black or burnt bronze most likely) and wrapped in snow tires for when we go skiing.

Didn’t want graphics or moonroof (though this truck has one), but wouldn’t mind the tech package despite the fact we’ve never used those features on my wife’s truck. Don’t hate the appliqué, just prefer the tailgate withoit.

Only thing missing that I really wanted was the tailgate step...will buy one off a wrecked truck and paint it if necessary...

Edit: nice handle! Porsche GT owner or ?? My track toy is a Cayman R...

Last edited: