New Owner from Colorado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STiMonSTAR

Reaction score
Hey All,
I've lurked through numerous threads on FRF prior to and since purchase. Read a little about the "other" Raptor forum on here and decided to register here, only.
Me: Regional Sales rep for a welding supply in the oil patch using my Raptor as both DD and sales vehicle. I obviously enjoy vehicles, so prior to the Raptor I've owned (chronological):
1990 Honda Civic (totaled - first car)
1992 Honda Civic Si HB (Current Drag Car)
1999 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Sold)
2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STi (Traded for Raptor, but hence the username)
2003 Ford F-150 SVT Lightning (Sold)
2012 Honda CB1000R (Current)
Why the Raptor? I've always enjoyed road course racing (STi) and have lusted after an off-road/rally ready vehicle for years. My company requires that sales reps use/utilize 5-year or newer vehicles be used to make calls. I was using a company owned 2009 Chevy 2500 HD w/ the 6.0L gas engine, which was a soulless experience. Since I typically drive 25,000-30,000 miles per year, I couldn't imagine spending 500+ hours a year in a boring (even depressing) interior and gutless/soulless vehicle.
Why I'm here? I've never owned a 'real' truck. The Lightning was an overgrown and undersized hot rod. I have a firm grasp on suspension engineering (worked for an aftermarket suspension company in my 20's), but I may need to re-examine my thoughts on design and theory in a dirt/mud filled world. Your insight and input have been a boon so far...
I look forward to discussing these trucks with all of you... and hopefully learning a few things along the way.
The Truck:
2013 Raptor in Oxford White purchased on 01/08/13
Luxury Package
Sunroof
Front and Rear Cameras
Wheel Locks (which the dealer neglected to install/provide)
Mods:
Flowmaster Series 40+ Muffler
K&N 77-Series Intake and Dry Charger pre-filter
Craven Speed Antenna
Future Plans:
Perch Mod (middle, maybe top later)
???
Supercharger after 36,000 miles?
Thanks for taking the time to read this post, hope I can bring something to the conversation.

Dan

Attachments

• 16087824_large.jpg
    16087824_large.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 16087823_large.jpg
    16087823_large.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 34

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome neighbor to the south!

You know some are going to give your grief for only having pics on the dealer lot. They say they don't count...lol!

OP
OP
S

STiMonSTAR

Reaction score
Thanks all, I'll step outside and take a few pictures to satiate the non-believers :drool: if it'll help. Or the curled up window sticker on my hardwood floor... But, I've been enjoying the truck too much to snap any new pictures. I look forward to discussing features, modifications, and adventures with the rest of the board.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 30