New member in VT - old raptor..kinda

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyRaptor

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker, but now I’m ready to dive in. Ive had my gen 2 SCAB since I ordered it from the factory delivered March 2018 (after a looong wait). I’ve had my ups and downs, including recent front coil over explosion in my driveway - what’s up w this ?? - have been sadly contemplating moving on but also remembering all the love I’ve had for this beast. I think it’s time I reached out and really see what this community has to offer and share my own thoughts and dreams to help keep the magic alive for myself and everyone else. Anyway Hello folks and cheers for now :) here’s my rig nestled under the my favorite Covid purchase.

Attachments

• C67C33E7-5268-4BCB-9FEC-89BB76FA1B05.jpeg
    C67C33E7-5268-4BCB-9FEC-89BB76FA1B05.jpeg
    406.8 KB · Views: 26

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went from gen2 to a gen3. To me, its a totally different truck. I love my gen3. If you loved your gen2, you will absolutely love a gen3. Nows a good time to get a 23 at MSRP with 24 ordering already going on. Good luck with your decision.

One of the nicest things I like about gen3 vs gen2. The shifting. Its SO much better than what I remember about the gen2. I also like the exhaust sound much more. Having a button to control the exhaust to silent, normal, sport, and baja is really nice.

One cool feature I just found was "quiet startup" or something like that. In Sync, you can set a time window when you want it to start as quiet as possible. I leave for work very early, so I set mine up to be quiet from 10PM to 8am.

There is a lot more tech in this one. And it just drives really nice. I highly suggest to stay put and get a gen3.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF.

How many miles? Weird about the front suspension. Have you rebuilt the shocks yet? You still running factory front and rear springs? Any mods?

I'll defer to @smurfslayer as to the rules for the #OneLessPrius tag. Might have expired due to time.