New Guy - Softballfans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackie

Reaction score
My first "look" at a Raptor I believe came from Birdman back on SBF.com. It's been a year or more since I visited there...but been lurking here for some time.

Back in 2012 I bought a FX4 fully loaded, love the truck, but never replaced my desire for a Raptor. I believe it's time...finally. So I'm currently negotiating with an Arkansas dealer who has two Tuxedo Black 2014 SCREWS on the lot. If anyone has any input or advice, I'd love to hear it.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My name is jackrook on FRF and jackrook on SBF. Nice guy on one forum, doucher on the other

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

And you want advice???

If you're going to go crazy on the mods, stick with an FX4. Cheaper base price and cost the same to mod. Raptors were engineered to run stock. 2.5 fox shocks, 35s, wheel wells....

Go you're gonna take them off, you're taking off what a raptor was designed To be. Not saying it's bad. But you can put 3.0s, 37 inch tires, method wheel, light bars, and fiberglass on an FX4

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

OP
OP
J

Jackie

Reaction score
Thanks!

Basic difference($2000) between the two models is the new bead lock wheels. I don't see a "need", but maybe I'm missing something?

I wouldn't expect any serious off-roading use from me.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Holy crap! That was a long time ago, must have been my 2010 I posted on there. Welcome to FRF.

OP
OP
J

Jackie

Reaction score
MissouriPlayer on SBF...complete ******* there.

I'm not mechanical enough to do the mods myself, so I'm thinking stock with a few exceptions as I learn more about Raptor mods.

Thanks for the advice.