New from Long Island

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nyseguy

Reaction score
Can you recommend a good dealer?

I purchased my last two Fords from Ford Lincoln of Smithtown. I can honestly say that I really dislike that dealership, but I don't really know why. It's clean, the people are friendly, they didn't try to rip me off much more than the next place, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me. I had my Raptor in for warranty work 4 times and each time service was done timely and correct.

Like I said, no reason to say anything bad, just an uneasy feeling whenever I'm there, which doesn't happen to me often. I went there solely because the number of Raptors they had to choose from.

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased my last two Fords from Ford Lincoln of Smithtown. I can honestly say that I really dislike that dealership, but I don't really know why. It's clean, the people are friendly, they didn't try to rip me off much more than the next place, but something about it just doesn't sit right with me. I had my Raptor in for warranty work 4 times and each time service was done timely and correct.

Like I said, no reason to say anything bad, just an uneasy feeling whenever I'm there, which doesn't happen to me often. I went there solely because the number of Raptors they had to choose from.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that dealer or Sayville Ford. Did you do a trade in?

Nyseguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was thinking that dealer or Sayville Ford. Did you do a trade in?

On my Raptor I didn't do a trade in and they wouldn't let me buy it in cash. I had to get a Ford loan which I could pay off in 6 months. I'm sure they get paid well from Ford for those loans.

My mother traded in her Escape there to for her new car and they gave her a good deal on the trade, but it was an old car with high mileage so wasn't worth much to begin with.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

One thing to note about Ford dealerships. If you use them for your regular service and need a loaner, you don't want to choose one too far from you. Most dealers here will only give you a loaner if you purchase the vehicle from them.

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Raptor I didn't do a trade in and they wouldn't let me buy it in cash. I had to get a Ford loan which I could pay off in 6 months. I'm sure they get paid well from Ford for those loans.

My mother traded in her Escape there to for her new car and they gave her a good deal on the trade, but it was an old car with high mileage so wasn't worth much to begin with.

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

One thing to note about Ford dealerships. If you use them for your regular service and need a loaner, you don't want to choose one too far from you. Most dealers here will only give you a loaner if you purchase the vehicle from them.

My plan is to go threw my credit union and avoid the ford finance guy. Going to trade in the 2013 tacoma with about 40,000 miles by then. Not really looking forward to the dealership experience. Did you pay more getting the truck right off the lot compared to placing an order. Thanks for the info.