New Curved 50" M&R lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Try pointing it slightly lower. I remember Balu stating that the whistle became louder when he tilted it up. His strategy was to aim it slightly lower and raise it when he went off-roading

OP
OP
S

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What holds the wire down the side of the windshield in-place?

I did not use the wire down the windshield but a different route down the door seal between the weather stripping. I wanted to test and see how it would hold up without doing anything to it. When the door is closed it acts like a clamp and holds the wire in perfectly. I can snap a couple more pics to show you with the door closed and open. For proof I did a few tests and tried pulling it out, pressure washer, and laser wash. So far still holds perfect without moving.

D

Deleted member 12951

I did not use the wire down the windshield but a different route down the door seal between the weather stripping. I wanted to test and see how it would hold up without doing anything to it. When the door is closed it acts like a clamp and holds the wire in perfectly. I can snap a couple more pics to show you with the door closed and open. For proof I did a few tests and tried pulling it out, pressure washer, and laser wash. So far still holds perfect without moving.

Looking at this picture
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/835/qqh0.jpg

It does look like you ran it down the side of the windshield in the gasket groove. What's holding it in there, just pressure with a tight fit?

OP
OP
S

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at this picture
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/835/qqh0.jpg

It does look like you ran it down the side of the windshield in the gasket groove. What's holding it in there, just pressure with a tight fit?

Yea that's exactly what I did, I just didn't run the wire all the way to the engine bay... I did add one more zip tie at the bottom of the bracket in the slot to hold the wire straight if that makes sense. When the door is shut it holds it even better

Last edited:

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You know what I'm thinking? Maybe the whistle is coming because the weatherstripping is not aligned or not seated correctly due to the wire. Anyone has any imput?

OP
OP
S

svtdreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know what I'm thinking? Maybe the whistle is coming because the weatherstripping is not aligned or not seated correctly due to the wire. Anyone has any imput?

I pulled the wire out and reset the weather stripping to test the theory but its def not the placing of the wire. Tomorrow I will be tilting the light more down to see if that's what it is