New black lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 lugs of number 2/3 and 4 lugs of number 1. If every lug is a true lock you'll have issues with the key quickly. Especially if an impact gun is used.

FYI the new truck should be 14x1.5 now. At least if it's using the same lugs as the 15+ F150's

Good info on the size. I was going off Gen1. I won't order until I can measure them IRL. As for all being locks, I've had them on My Wife's Edge sport for almost 6 years without any issue. I would never use and impact gun on aluminum wheels. I also thinks this speaks to the quality of the product. Gorilla lugs/locks/keys are well made and I've used them for years without any issues. Not even pealing of chrome or paint.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good info on the size. I was going off Gen1. I won't order until I can measure them IRL. As for all being locks, I've had them on My Wife's Edge sport for almost 6 years without any issue. I would never use and impact gun on aluminum wheels. I also thinks this speaks to the quality of the product. Gorilla lugs/locks/keys are well made and I've used them for years without any issues. Not even pealing of chrome or paint.

I'm not trying to discredit Gorilla's quality. They make some nice stuff. And as far as impact guns go, I only mention that because most tire shops will remove lugs with an impact vs breaker bar and removing by hand. I have personally had issues with my key for my old locking lugs. The lugs were fine but the key would fit worse each time I torque them down. It could also be the difference in torque specs. Edge = 100 ft/lbs. First Gen Raptor 150 ft/lbs. Or I may have just got a defective key.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Except they,re smaller....

Both 14mm. The new truck just has finer threads

OP
OP
crash457

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to discredit Gorilla's quality. They make some nice stuff. And as far as impact guns go, I only mention that because most tire shops will remove lugs with an impact vs breaker bar and removing by hand. I have personally had issues with my key for my old locking lugs. The lugs were fine but the key would fit worse each time I torque them down. It could also be the difference in torque specs. Edge = 100 ft/lbs. First Gen Raptor 150 ft/lbs. Or I may have just got a defective key.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Both 14mm. The new truck just has finer threads

True. A lot of places will use impact wrenches. I have a few places I trust that will do it by without if I ask. The dealership, ironically, is not one. They say no problem and then I see the mechanic do it anyway. Thankfully, I don't have to go there often. I do most service at home and have full control there. I haven't ever had any issues with my key getting loose on any that I've owned. I actually bought a car from auction once that had a gorilla wheel lock on it that had seized to the stud. First I broke a Snap-On 1/2" breaker bar and then I sheared the stud off. All the while the key never slipped on the lock. It didn't even bind. After snapping the stud off, I easily pulled the stud/lock right out of the key.

I think you might just have a bad key.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 lugs of number 2/3 and 4 lugs of number 1. If every lug is a true lock you'll have issues with the key quickly. Especially if an impact gun is used.

FYI the new truck should be 14x1.5 now. At least if it's using the same lugs as the 15+ F150's

PM me a price for black lugs 2014 RAPTOR with OEM wheels please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk