Need to replace my upper control arms and tie rod ends

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LARAPTOR62

Reaction score
Hello!

I just recently got a 2013 crew cab raptor, stock, 90,000 miles on it, and have been loving the off road performance of this beast!

I've noticed the upper control arm bushings are torn and tie rod ends are worn out.

I work at a dealer and can get OE parts at cost + 10%, but is there any advantage to going aftermarket if I don't have a lift? Better performance off road? If so any brand recommended?

Thanks

EDIT: How do I know if fox shocks need rebuilding? No signs of leaking. Where does one go to get them rebuilt?

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Shocks go off of mileage and use. Should be rebuilt every 40-50k miles. I would look at a Gen 2 shock upgrade. KHC makes a kit for this.

A few good aftermarket companies out there for Raptors. SVC, RPG, Fotuz, H&M, Blitzkrieg.

You know that you can ask all of these questions in one thread, right?

OP
OP
LARAPTOR62

LARAPTOR62

Reaction score
Shocks go off of mileage and use. Should be rebuilt every 40-50k miles. I would look at a Gen 2 shock upgrade. KHC makes a kit for this.

A few good aftermarket companies out there for Raptors. SVC, RPG, Fotuz, H&M, Blitzkrieg.

You know that you can ask all of these questions in one thread, right?

So should get them rebuilt. What I just find some sort of off road shop near me to rebuild them?

How much is it going to gen 2 shocks?

Of those companies, which would you recommend and are they worth it vs stock replacement?

Yeah yeah I'm still rusty on the forums, its been a few years so I've been on them, last time were the mustang forums years back :)

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I wouldn't go to just "some off road shop." Find a reputable shop. I installed Kings on my Gen 2 instead of rebuilding the factory shocks. So no real help on who to use.

I went with SVC on my parts but personal preference comes into play.

Like with everything, it all depends on use and how far down the rabbit hole you want to go.