Need to design a bed rack to include THIS...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and I'm thinking dense foam, as opposed to regular styrofoam, because I think it'll stay cold longer. I'm think if I put ice in the yeti the day before a trip to cool the inside down and have the foam in the cooler, I could probably dump the ice at the house, load the foam and beer in and it'll stay cold. Of course there will be some trial runs before it actually counts.

RedTailHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even if you can secure the cans to minimize movement inside the cooler, the contents of the can will still slosh around because there is a small gap of air in each can.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even if you can secure the cans to minimize movement inside the cooler, the contents of the can will still slosh around because there is a small gap of air in each can.

True but as long as even a sloshed beer can transfer from the can to my body then I call it a success!

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's a thought (totally untested!)

What about going with some Pick-N-Pull foam, like this stuff: Pick 'N' Pluck foam - cutting tips (I'd bet this can be had for cheap at any local arts and crafts store?)

Get a sheet that fits in the bottom of your Yeti, and that is tall enough to cover 3/4s or more of the can. Pluck out can sized holes leaving a layer on the bottom for the can to sit on. Now fill your Yeti with water, maybe 1/2 way up the foam... and now drop 1 or 2 dry ice packs in there and let the foam freeze in place. Then when its time to head out, plop your cans in the (now surrounded by frozen water and foam) holes and off you go?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a thought (totally untested!)

What about going with some Pick-N-Pull foam, like this stuff: Pick 'N' Pluck foam - cutting tips (I'd bet this can be had for cheap at any local arts and crafts store?)

Get a sheet that fits in the bottom of your Yeti, and that is tall enough to cover 3/4s or more of the can. Pluck out can sized holes leaving a layer on the bottom for the can to sit on. Now fill your Yeti with water, maybe 1/2 way up the foam... and now drop 1 or 2 dry ice packs in there and let the foam freeze in place. Then when its time to head out, plop your cans in the (now surrounded by frozen water and foam) holes and off you go?

Hmm didn't think about that. I may give that a shot as well to see which method works the best or i like the best.

The main thing is cooling down the inside of the cooler first, then from there the cooler can do it's job at keeping the inside cold.