Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
My stock set of KO2’s are about done for and looking into my options. The KO2’s aren’t horrible but something that is better in the rain and maybe a little more aggressive wouldn’t hurt. I’ve got leveling springs going on too. So I’m open to either a 35 or 37. My dilemma is finding a tire that isn’t load range E. There isn’t a lot of options for load range C and a few in the load range D. My concern is that a load range E will be way to stiff and ride like a log wagon. Am I overthinking it ? It’s mainly my daily driver with occasional camping. I like the ridge grappler and have heard a lot of great things just concerned about it being a E rated tire. Any input is appreciated!

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I been looking at tires as well. The Ko2’s are pretty light which is nice. Most everything else is heavier especially in a true 35/12.5/17

Love the Toyo MT but it’s very heavy. Was also lookin at the Geolander MT, Cooper STT, Ridge grapplers, and the mickey Bajas. Haven’t decided yet tho

OP
OP
IndianaRaptor

IndianaRaptor

Reaction score
Multiple threads on tires. Check in on the search
I’ve been searching and I have seen a lot of people running ridge grapplers and a little bit of everything else. What I’m trying to figure out is how bad they affect the ride quality. Load range E seems excessive but there isn’t many options in C & D ranges.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here's where I went.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...gen2-17-18-real-beadlocks.76438/#post-1488171

38e4f673-1ddb-4658-84c8-560c10044825-jpeg.145778

msterry21

Reaction score
I agonized over this as well and ended up just going with the Ridge Grapplers. I’ve been very happy with the improved ride. You just need to watch your air pressure and dial that in. I run about 36psi cold. They’re usually around 40 once they heat up.