Need some help have you guys heard this noise before

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beto_sn

Reaction score
I recently just bought this new to me raptor, 2nd gen. Its making this clicking/chirping noise cant find the culprit anyone else have this similar issue? Or have heard it before. Already check my exhaust hangers, exhaust clamps

Attachments

• IMG_9903.mov
    7.4 MB
  • IMG_9902.mov
    7.7 MB
  • IMG_9878.mov
    5.1 MB

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
ever hear those contests on the radio where they play tiny bits from 4 songs and you gotta guess which songs?

yeah, i suck at those

I did pretty damn good at that game ; classic rock trivia. I’d have won if I’d not mixed up “jumping jack flash” and “satisfaction” in my head. I knew what it was too. Oh well, it’s not like there was a prize or anything. Stinkers were not playing the intro, they were playing 2 notes from anywhere in the song. I was one of 2 people to get ‘smoke on the water’. Everyone knows the intro, but they picked the middle of the song...

Anyway...
Clicking noises like the brief ones I heard in the 2nd(?) video are more often than not the IWE actuators. A quick way to rule this in is to put the truck in 4a and retest. If it still clicks, that doesn’t rule out the IWE system. If it is run too long without addressing the issue, usually the vacuum actuator valve by the master cylinder, it can cause damage to the system at the hubs. Queue someone with a more precise and eloquent description. <here>

If putting in 4a resolves the issue, you can use 4a until you procure the solenoid, it’s like 10 bucks and can be gotten off amazon. If that doesn’t resolve it, you’d need to delve deeper into the system for troubleshooting.

OP
OP
beto_sn

beto_sn

Reaction score
I did pretty damn good at that game ; classic rock trivia. I’d have won if I’d not mixed up “jumping jack flash” and “satisfaction” in my head. I knew what it was too. Oh well, it’s not like there was a prize or anything. Stinkers were not playing the intro, they were playing 2 notes from anywhere in the song. I was one of 2 people to get ‘smoke on the water’. Everyone knows the intro, but they picked the middle of the song...

Anyway...
Clicking noises like the brief ones I heard in the 2nd(?) video are more often than not the IWE actuators. A quick way to rule this in is to put the truck in 4a and retest. If it still clicks, that doesn’t rule out the IWE system. If it is run too long without addressing the issue, usually the vacuum actuator valve by the master cylinder, it can cause damage to the system at the hubs. Queue someone with a more precise and eloquent description. <here>

If putting in 4a resolves the issue, you can use 4a until you procure the solenoid, it’s like 10 bucks and can be gotten off amazon. If that doesn’t resolve it, you’d need to delve deeper into the system for troubleshooting.
It changes with rpm, does it while in a stand still and while driving.