Need New Wheels and Tires and I am looking for ideas--help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Matson

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So I have stock 2018 17" with bead locks. Look great but I saw a nice summer setup on the road today had to have been 22"s I'm guessing and they looked real aggressive extending about 2-3" on the sides. I now am looking for ideas for a summer setup. I would love to see wheel/tire pictures from you all along with what size and set up you are using to help me narrow this down. What are you guys showing off? Thanks a ton for your help!

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
37x13.5 20 on Fuel Adrenaline

Attachments

• 0e3894326e45b498d0abcc4915dfcab06365130a.jpeg
    0e3894326e45b498d0abcc4915dfcab06365130a.jpeg
    173 KB · Views: 68

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this a real request, on this site? You know you’re just begging for negative comments about putting 22’s on a Raptor…….Lol!
I saw one a few days ago jacked up around 6”, totally White, deep Chrome 22’s with some skinny little sidewalls, and Purple accents, and it was hard to keep looking at it. Sad……

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So I have stock 2018 17" with bead locks. Look great but I saw a nice summer setup on the road today had to have been 22"s I'm guessing and they looked real aggressive extending about 2-3" on the sides

The Rap is setup the way it is to take advantage of the wider track on stock or very close to stock offset, 34mm / 8.5” wheel. There is barely clearance for a 35” tire at full lock so --anything-- you do outside of reason is going to compromise your ability off road, alter the handling on road and may cause fitment issues. While the “real aggressive” (negative offset) wheels sticking out of the wheel wells may look cool, you will throw rain, road grime, dirt, mud and much everywhere and make the truck impossible to keep clean on the doors and fenders. Any lower profile tire you implement is going to lack the compliance of the stock KO2, which is Raptor specific or at least spec’d for the Raptor’s use case.

I now am looking for ideas for a summer setup.
Get some off road time and you’ll be thinking about the wisdom of your Raptor purchase, and how easily you could have been misled into purchasing a peasant car.